The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:55 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:43 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
I was in Tourneau looking at a Panerai and asked what I could get for my Rolex Sub. They took my Sub back to appraise it. When it came back I asked if they took the case back off, they said no. I start to inspect it and found multiple scratches on the bracelet one on the top of the lug and scratches on the bottom from removing the springbars. I purchased the sub about 1month ago and there wasn't a single scratch or swirl. I was PO they told me they could polish it but told them I didn't want them to touch it, so they told me they would send it to rolex, but I think I want a new watch!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:53 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 28 posts
They took off your bracelet to check your SN. Is it the ceramic model already? Otherwise they could have just read it of at the six o'clock position of the rehaut. Not really professional they scratched it but you won't get a new watch. Plus, maybe it is not scratched yet because it's new but you will scratch it yourself by using it as well. Even if you're very careful with it. Will you buy a new watch then as well? Guess not. So leave it as it is and enjoy the watch! There are worse things in life than that.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:33 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

How can I NOT request a new watch I handed them a $7500 Rolex without a single mark on it! They carelessly handle my watch, if they new anything about rolex, the serial number is inside the rehaut!LOL I know everyone probably thinks that i will eventually scratch it and I know I will! But it's not the point!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:41 pm 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
06honda137 wrote:
How can I NOT request a new watch I handed them a $7500 Rolex without a single mark on it! They carelessly handle my watch, if they new anything about rolex, the serial number is inside the rehaut!LOL I know everyone probably thinks that i will eventually scratch it and I know I will! But it's not the point!

Well, I can completely understand your irritation, but a new watch isn't going to happen unfortunately.

I had a similar situation with IWC a few years ago. As some of the longer-standing members will know, I had an IWC Big Pilot that, despite being brand new and retailing for over £11k GBP (at current prices), gained circa 25 seconds a day. It went back to IWC UK for regulating, and they managed to scratch the bezel in several places (while also NOT managing to regulate it). I went back to them in a similar p*ssed off manner, and there was no way on earth a replacement watch was on the cards. However, to their credit they polished out the scratches absolutely perfectly, and it was as good as new.

If Tourneau are prepared to pay for Rolex to polish out the scratches then you can rest assured it will come back in brand new condition. Again, I agree it's far from ideal that the scratches were put there in the first place, but getting Rolex to polished them out free of charge is the best you're going to do.

Site Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:13 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Thanks guys, I've calmed down alittle. Lol, I'll just send it in after few years. I'm sure I'll have put some scratches my self by then