It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:25 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: OLD TIMERS
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:01 pm 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 28 posts
Hi All,

A few circumstances this week prompted me into getting some watches snapped and uploaded to share with you. My apologies for the refelctions but photographing outside does present probelms.

These are all slide rule watches and are in most cases at least 40 years old.

From L to R. Wittnauer (Longines), Clebar, Cimier Sport (at the base of this is a Tel-Time, not functioning), Juvenia Arithmo (at the base is a better version with roman numerals but also not functioning), Cuervo Y Sobrinos from Cuba, Sheffield and a Jaguar Divisor.

The Cimier is a 1 Jewel Pin Lever movement, whereas the Tel-Time uses an EB movement. I am constanty surprised how popular Cimier Sport watches are. I don’t know if you can see this but the Cuervo, Sheffield and Jaguar are all the same watch, more or less. The cases are exactly the same with the only difference being the movement in the Cuervo and the signing on the face of each. The Cuervo has a very creditable Juvenia movement. All watches on stands are in very good condition and all are functioning.

The Wittnauer is an automatic and on its original braclet, the Cimier is on a CF Di Model (bands worth more than the watch)! The Clebar is very very rare. On this one, I would be interested if anyone out there has one. I only know of one person, in Canada, who has this model Clebar. Must be plenty in the attic or sock drawers out there. Anyone!

Jim

"You have Control".

Post subject: Re: OLD TIMERS
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:57 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 1727 posts
nice, could u post some larger pics of the Juvenia, please ?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:15 pm 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 28 posts
Hi Fred,

This is about the best I can do under the circumstances, taken at the time these old fellows were all assembled in the one place. I don't have a direct shot of the two Juvenias by themselves.

The Juvenia on the stand does not have the original hands and the convex glass crystal is a replacement (not as good as the original, but darn close). The outer silde rule is very difficult to read in most lights, as it has faded in the past 60 years. The face has Arabic numerals. Other than the degraded dial, it keeps very good time. The strap is a Juvenia as is the buckle, from the same period. I rate it overall at about 65%. The one sitting below this is a much better version, but needs servicing. The face has Roman numerals, glass is original, as are the hands and the slide rule scales are clear (if a little marked). I rate this one at about 85% + (once it is serviced). Both have a patina on the face that looks worse in the photos than in real life.

Sorry the pic is not that good.

Jim

"You have Control".

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:26 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
Hello Jim. FINALLY after an age of internet searching I have found a Clebar slide rule watch like mine. I inherited it from my grandfather who was a pilot in Brandon Manitoba. My watch does not have the date function and has a bright metal expandable band. Any info you can give me on these watches would be much appreciated?