The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 11:19 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:37 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 28 posts
Here's a shot of my beater:

Attachment:
beater (480x640).jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:09 pm 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 809 posts
I've only got Breitlings at present. I'm vaguely looking around for a seiko diver for the beach. But apart from that, I've got no choice but to wear the Breitlings!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:50 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
I was just thinking about this the other day. Since the arrival of my SA, which happened to be my first "real" watch purchase, I've found myself shying away from my other "cheaper" pieces. I have really grown to love the weight and beefiness the SA has to offer.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:53 am 
Contributing Connoisseur
Contributing Connoisseur

Liked in: 626 posts
The closest I come to a cheep watch is observing my partners $16 TIMEX

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:46 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 13 posts
I don't anymore unless I'm running/exercising. I wore a Citizen for many years but once I acquired my Breitling and Omega that was kind of done. I've tried Hamilton, Seiko and Oris and they've all fallen by the wayside. The only exceptions I guess have been the BS Source projects from Stenihart, and those have now fallen by the wayside also. I don't know exactly what it is; just preference I guess.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:08 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Only cheap watch that gets wrist time is my gshock.

Partly because it's the only cheap watch I've got that's still waterproof (rest have had batteries replaced by me), party because it's more accurate than my SuperQuartz, and partly because I just plain like it and the tech inside it.

My Heuer diver well get some wrist time if it ever comes back from service.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:54 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 2 posts
Driver8 wrote:
I wear all sorts of watches from all sorts of price ranges. A £60 G-Shock at one end of the scale, right up to (until I recently sold it) a £10,500 IWC Big Pilot at the other. Sometimes wearing a cheapie watch just makes more sense - gym, beach, travelling, etc. But there are also plenty of low and mid-range watches that I just like to wear.

However, I totally agree with jlee5050 in as much as I'd never entertain a "fashion house" watch. Every watch I own is interesting (to me) in it's own way, and isn't just a name on the dial.

Could not agree more. I do not wear fashion watch brands, but I have quite a number of high end victorinox's, an Oris, a bulova automatic etc which I enjoy wearing almost as much as my Breitlings. All of them are unique in their own way and although they are not the quality of my Breitlings, some of them are damn good for what I paid for them! It is easy to be a watch snob and owners of higher end watches with in-house made movements often look down at most Breitlings for using ETA based movements. I am not concerned about that at all. I admire the quality of Breitling's cases, dials, hands and bracelets and feelgood when I am wearing them. My other watches also have endearing qualities which I also enjoy.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:27 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

The rule I tend to apply is that I'll wear watches from companies whose primary market sector is watches, so I'd exclude Victorinox on the basis that they are a knife maker.

This happily excludes watches from clothing manufacturers, sports goods manufacturers, cigarette manufacturers, handbag manufacturers, car/motorcycle manufacturers etc. though I note it hasn't stopped me buying inexpensive watches from Casio, the well known purveyor of calculators.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:52 am 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 28 posts
Yep. Wear cheapies every day. I can't afford to wear any of my Brietlings as every day wearers. They are only hauled out for special occassions or when I feel like it and can take the risk of damaging them.

I have a Citizen Eco Drive Chronograph that I use as a regulator. Yep, its so accurate I can literally set my watch to it. 1 sec/month, wihtout fail. Quartz of course, but no thermal compensator anywhere. It can get very hot in Australia and very cold too, but this watch is unaffected by its environment. C650 module, or so I remember. Works very well indeed.

Jim

"You have Control".

Post subject: Re: Do you still wear
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:20 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

manus wrote:
You are not alone. I left my Oris in the drawer since I start purchasing $7K+ watches. I even wear those at home and look them under magnifier. I love the details of high end watches. My wife think I am nut.

Hahaha I assumed I was alone when it came to examining the dials with magnification! People just dont get it!

Pam111
IWC Big Pilot
Breitling SO Steelfish
AP Royal Oak Safari
Victorinox Dive Master
Jaeger Lecoultre Reverso

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:11 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

I still wear my "cheaper" watches, reminds me of where my collection started! I have everything from a $100 Skagen to an LE Navi 01. I wear my Nixon all the time as I love its chunky 51.25mm's! Want to upgrade that one to a SA soon!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:46 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

I wear my Gshock also...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:21 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Greetings!

I've found I really like the quality and aesthetics of the higher end watches I've bought, and now prefer to wear them most of the time. (My job is basically at a desk all day, so it's a fairly watch safe environment for those types of watches.) I do have some lower end watches that I use for outdoor activities which could entail watch damage, otherwise they get little wrist time. I used to split my watches up between 'work' and 'weekend' ones, but don't anymore. All my nicer watches get wrist time, depending on my mood!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:18 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 1 post
I've worn my Seiko divers a bit more recently. Through dumb luck I've been able to adjust the movements to run within under +1 seconds a day. The Seiko diver movements are stupidly tough.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:52 am 
Breitling Maniac
Breitling Maniac

Liked in: 8 posts
I wear G-shocks for the gym and field Ops, a Swiss Army SS divemaster working in the pool or yard. Other than that, it's always a Breitling, Omega, or Rolex. :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next