Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 6:45 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Hello from Wisconsin...
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:47 am 
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Liked in: 343 posts
Hi, I'm Justin from Wisconsin. I'm looking at treating myself to a Breitling as a gift to myself for finishing grad school but I'm having trouble deciding which model to buy. I'm going to St. Thomas in a few months and I'm contemplating the Colt GMT or the Superocean Steelfish, both with a blue dial. I'm looking for any advice or suggestions about these models so I know I'll make the right purchase. If anyone has either of these, I'm interested to know what you like about it or if you have any regrets. Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:56 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Liked in: 18 posts
Welcome to the forums! The Colt GMT is pretty small compared to the Steelfish, I find the Colt GMT too small for me, in fact. I would choose the Colt auto II over the GMT just because of the slightly larger size... but the GMT can be handy.

You'll have a blast in St. Thomas trying on B's!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:17 am 
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Thanks for the welcome. I was happy I came across this site yesterday. I was thinking the GMT might be a bit small, but when I was in the Bahamas a few months ago that was the only one I tried on since I'm limited with my budget. What do you think about the Steelfish? It'd be nice to have someone other than a salesperson giving some advice.

Last edited by jnelson3097 on Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:28 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Liked in: 18 posts
I currently own a Steelfish X-Plus, and have no plans to sell it. Its a great 44mm watch and one of the better deals in the lineup. It is all brushed however... whereas the Colt is a two-tone. Someone told me that the Colt is now all brushed too though? The original Steelfish was two-tone as well.

Try to talk to Tom at Azura by Jewels... he's got the biggest selection there, and he's also the most helpful and knowledgeable Breitling guy that I talked to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:38 am 
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

I believe last time I checked out the 2, the steelfish was all brushed and the colt was 2 tone, but I may wrong. I contacted Little Switzerland since I originally saw these in their Breitling Boutique in Nassau and they have 3 stores in St. Thomas and they've offered to have the watch at the store of my choice. I'll be on a cruise and St. Thomas is my first stop so I'd like to get it right away. The one thing I'm worried about is size. My wrists are small so that's why I'm stuck between the 2, but I like the look of the steelfish over the GMT. The Steelfish model posted under models has a 42mm dial and the X-plus has the 44mm dial, do they still make the one with the 42mm dial?