The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:11 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:10 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 0 post
Hi guys, I have always enjoyed watches but never had the funds for the higher end stuff. I would hold over my craving by wearing sub $500 watches that I liked the look of, everything from armani, hillfiger and so on. Well I finally in a position where i can purchase my first nice watch. I have been shopping around for a month and finally made my decision.

Breitling Windrider Chronomat Evolution 742 Gray face (couldn't find a pic of the gray face with diamond bezel)

Now after reading around I had some of my 2nd guesses reinforced. I like the look of the gray face, but was thinking the white face would look nicer with the diamond bezel. I found it interested that more then a couple people on this forum share the same opinion. So now I am on the fence 50/50 as to getting a white or a gray face.

Breitling Windrider Chronomat Evolution 746 White face w/diamond bezel

Would you guys recommend purchasing a Breitling from a jeweler and not an authentic reseller of Breitling? It is a jeweler I trust but was wondering what would be the downsides of doing this. I was also looking around on ebay but was amazed how many posts on this forum pointed out fake Breitling's being sold as authentic on ebay for $3000+. So now I am weary to that as well.

This is a great site, I just need to make sure to stop looking at other people's breitlings because they have so many nice ones to choose from! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:51 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Hi Meth68
I fully understand where you're coming from. My understanding is that if you want a Breitling warranty, you must buy from an AD. If there is any question of authenticity, buy from an AD. If neither is an issue, use your judgement and go with your gut feelings.
Good luck,
Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:45 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Liked in: 18 posts
If this is your first Ling, espeically since it is your first High-End watch, I'd recommend going with a Authorized Dealer.. but it is true that you will get a better price online. However, the peace of mind and pride of ownership of your first ling should outweigh the extra cost.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:17 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

breitlingsource wrote:
If this is your first Ling, espeically since it is your first High-End watch, I'd recommend going with a Authorized Dealer.. but it is true that you will get a better price online. However, the peace of mind and pride of ownership of your first ling should outweigh the extra cost.

:yeahthat I think Admin hit it right on the head.You will definetley get piece of mind, especially if you have a question or concern, you can go to your AD and talk to them face to face.

Good luck!