The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:31 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 4:37 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 1727 posts
another "collector" who'll be very lonely when looking for my advice in the future.
dislike that a lot.

TimNole likes this post.
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 4:45 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 60 posts
I saw this thread and was like wow, this might be a good one to read....
This should have been a one answer thread, Fake, here is why and move on.
Like asking if that pile on the sidewalk is a turd. Yes, walk around it! Don't step in out or your in a mess regardless of who or where it came from

TimNole likes this post.
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 8:49 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 2 posts
I take a day off of dealing with this situation while I travel for work, and I come back to just the most incredibly pleasant statements about me. Thanks for the benefit of the doubt, kids. I'll make sure that I ask permission before I pee in your corner of the sandbox next time.

With regards to the eBay posting, I purchased the watch to re-sell it. As such, I listed it immediately after purchase, and before speaking with @watchfred. Naturally, the listing has since been taken down. As far as my "independently verified" statement, this piece had been 1) sold to me as authentic, and 2) inspected by the same watch maker that everyone in my local watch community uses, prior to my purchasing the watch. Clearly, Breitling pieces aren't his specialty. Nor will I be relying solely upon his opinion in the future.

@watchfred - again, thank you so very much for all of the information. I've certainly learned from this whole debacle, and if I even entertain the idea of purchasing another vintage Breitling or Chronograph in the future, hopefully I'll be able to speak with you first.

So, yes....I AM a bad person. Clearly I'm a bad person. I sought out advice AFTER listing an item for sale that I purchased strictly to sell. Forgive me, oh watch messiahs. Surely the hands of time will punish me accordingly, and make my eyes as black as a beautiful, crisp, reverse panda dial. May my back be whipped with a thousand horween leather NATO straps until my blood runs red as the sweep from a WW2 Pilot piece. <----this is a joke by the way. Not sure if that needed to be pointed out, or not.

Waynepjr1 likes this post.
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 10:13 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 60 posts
Love your humor!! We learn things ever day hopefully and just chalk this up as a learning experience! We all have had them. This is a great forum for asking questions and receiving honest answers!
Best of luck!!!

Wayne

2 people like this post.
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 10:32 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 5 posts
Quote:
Thanks for the benefit of the doubt, kids.

I think people did give you the benefit of the doubt. But there are a couple of funny things I don't quite understand that make me question your behavior.

Quote:
With regards to the eBay posting, I purchased the watch to re-sell it. As such, I listed it immediately after purchase, and before speaking with @watchfred.

So let me be clear about this. You put up the listing before speaking with @watchfred. That's understandable. What's not understandable is why the listing was still up when you created this thread. Specifically you said "Fred is convinced it is a fake, and I tend to agree with him.".

If you felt it was fake then why wasn't the listing taken down before you created this thread? But ok, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Maybe you just forgot or you weren't sure if it was fake and wanted some facts. but then I don't understand this following quote:

Quote:
As far as my "independently verified" statement, this piece had been 1) sold to me as authentic, and 2) inspected by the same watch maker that everyone in my local watch community uses, prior to my purchasing the watch.

You say that basically the "independently verified" statement is from your original watch dealer. However your original post says

Quote:
Every single watch I've bought from him has been independently authenticated at a later date, so I had no reason to believe that this was a fake or franken.

As a result, I don't really know what to believe. Do you generally independently verify your purchases at a later date? Or do you count the fact that you bought it from the original dealer as your verification? Should we believe that this comment holds true for some but not for other watches?

In short, you had my benefit of the doubt. However, the combination of your rude and cavalier demeanor towards established forum members and your questionable selling practices has cost you that benefit.

2 people like this post.
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 11:35 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Man, tough crowd.

Honestly, I'm not going to even get into it guys (any ladies in here?). This whole thing should have and could have been resolved in such an entirely swift manner. I mean this next statement with the utmost of sincerity, whereas, my rebuttals have been quite sarcastic thus far. This whole situation, as far as my posting to this forum is concerned, could have, and should have been resolved in a much more expeditious manner.

@ninja - Thank you for the point by point analysis of my statements. Whether I agree with you or not, you put some time into a thoughtful response. I can respect that.

So, I get the point. I'm a liar, I'm deceitful, I have zero value to society. My father should have left me as a stain on their hotel room sheets on the night of their honeymoon. Thankfully, he didn't, otherwise, I wouldn't have been able to be here to give all of you someone/something to criticize. I own and operate three successful businesses, but clearly I shouldn't be putting my energy or efforts into those! I ought to be much more concerned about the accuracy of the statements I make while on the stand....I mean, on an internet forum. About watches. Believe me, I won't dare get my priorities skewed again. From now on, it'll be BreitlingSource.com...morning, noon, and night!

Oh...also, the situation has been rectified, and I got a full refund as well as a new authentic mid-tier piece (Stinky Pete, the homeless guy that hangs out across the street from the shop told me that he could probably get 10-12 rocks for it, so it HAS to be real!). By the way, if anyone feels the need, deep down, to seek me out and let me know how terrible a person I am, my screen name is my real name. No need to hide behind anonymity for me. I want to marinate in your ire.

Well, I'm finished with my rude and cavalier testimo.....remarks. Hope you all enjoyed the jokes and satire. I'm going to go cry myself to sleep now. I feel like it's getting late.....anybody got the time?

WatchFred likes this post.
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 3:57 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 414 posts
:popcorn:

2 people like this post.
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 10:30 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

vintage wrote:
:popcorn:

Got any to share? I'm starving out here!