It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:47 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:28 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
http://www.ebay.es/itm/270839262527?ssP ... 1438.l2649

http://www.ebay.es/itm/270839267543?ssP ... 1438.l2649

It is for a very special present! But i'm afraid to buy an expensive piece of junk

thank you all

D.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:21 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
Hmm.

Not sure what to make of this one. The dial and hands are not obviously wrong, but the lack of model number on the case is a concern as is the very early serial number for a two pusher chrono. The unmarked movement and case are correct for this period and the Venus movement is correct.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:16 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 1727 posts
Roffensian wrote:
Hmm.

Not sure what to make of this one. The dial and hands are not obviously wrong, but the lack of model number on the case is a concern as is the very early serial number for a two pusher chrono. The unmarked movement and case are correct for this period and the Venus movement is correct.

Hmmm, too. nice, do we have any source when Breitling started stamping the model nos. ?
What do you think about the pulsations chrono, Roff ?
seems correct, case has apparently been refinished, dial too good for a 1945 ?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:37 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
There's enough doubt for me not to put my money on it, but I'm fully prepared to believe that would be a bad decision. The dial does look good, but that could just be a clean and it's not an obvious fake / redial. You also can't fake aged lume that well. The pulsations is 'ok' conceptually, I don't know about the late 30s / early 40s pieces to be sure about whether it's period correct.

It's a very early serial number for a 2 / 4 two pusher (early two pushers were 2 o'clock and in the crown). The model number absence bothers me, but the serial number stamping is 'Breitling like'.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:28 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
Thank you so much for your help.

This is what I asked to the seller:
first of all, sorry to ask this. Dont mean to offend but i just want to make sure. I dont speak German and although i have tried to translate, i dont know if i got iti right. Is this watch a REAL Breitling? Is it working properly? I have seen the pictures of the inside of the watch, and I don't see the name Breitling anywhere but on the front of the watch? Is this appreciation correct? if it is not, could you send me more pictures. If I am right, could try to explain why the name and logo of Breitling is not to be found inside the mechanism of the watch? thank you so much

And his is what he answered:
Hi, D,

no probs with english at all...the watch is fully correct with a Venus 170. Fully working and at that time it was quite normal that "breitling" is not on the movement but on the shocksystem- you see the "B" in the cloud under the black rücker hand.
you may also compare with Ranfft:
http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-db. ... &Venus_170

The truth is that he doesnt actually say that it is a REAL BREITLING when I think it would have been easy to say so. The intelligent thing is not to buy it, I guess. But they are both such nice watches!! :(

Thanks again to everyone!!! really!!
:bow:
D.