The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:50 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:48 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 6 posts
This is the one of latest in the Avenger Hurricane line, limited to 250 pieces. The ref. no. is XB01701A/BF92 with a 12-hr black dial with yellow numbers, military strap (with yellow stitching) on a Breitlight tang buckle. It is the super-charged version with 50 mm in diameter. But it is remarkable light, thanks to revolutionary Breitlight material. This ultra-sturdy, ultra-light Breitlight® case is an avant-garde alloy used for the first time in the watch industry. It is reported that this proprietary high-tech material is 3.3 times lighter than titanium and 5.8 times lighter than steel but significantly harder than both. Breitling also touts the material’s exceptional resistance to scratches, traction, and corrosion; thermal stability; and antimagnetic and non-allergenic properties. Warmer to the touch than other metals, Breitlight is also notable for its mottled surface texture. To me it looks like a forged carbon but it still feels lighter. Well, it weighs only 68.9 grams (without a strap). If you like to put that in perspective, just remember that a basic Seawolf which is 45 mm in diameter weighs 145 grams without a strap…

The case is water-resistant to 100 meters (330 feet) and has a unidirectional rotating bezel with rider tabs. The screw-locked crown and chronograph push-pieces have a grooved checkerboard pattern for a non-slip grip, a feature aimed at pilots wearing gloves. The extra-thick sapphire crystal has been glareproofed on both sides and the hands and numerals — the latter in a military-style stencil font.

Driving the watch’s timekeeping, date display, and 1/4-second chronograph functions is Breitling’s tried-and-true Caliber B01, with automatic winding, a 28,800-vph frequency, a 70-hour power reserve, and — like all Breitling in-house movements, a COSC chronometer certification. The “volcano black” dial features a date window at 4:30; chronograph subdials for 30 minutes and 12 hours at 3 o’clock and 6 o’clock, respectively; and a small seconds subdial at 9 o’clock. The strap has a black rubber inner lining and an exterior made of anthracite high-resistance military textile fiber.

This particular piece has never been worn. You can see the tag which is still on the tang buckle. It comes with all boxes, travel case, limited addition certificate, books, papers, and the bezel protector. The warranty booklet was stamped by an US AD and its official BUSA warranty was activated on May 2, 2018 and it is good for 5 years. Faced with an opportunity to buy my grail piece, I will need to let this beautiful timepiece go to a good home.
Here are some quick pictures…

Its MSRP is $8105 but you can have this beautiful piece for $4950(by bank wire) OBRO shipped in the US. Let me know if you have any questions. Sorry, NO TRADES or PARTIAL TRADES on this. References are available…

Thank you for your time…

blakkflame likes this post.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:33 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 370 posts
If this watch was purchased in an AD in the US any reason why it does not have the e-warranty card?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:25 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

I asked the same question back then (matter of fact, I did that here) and found out that it is still done at times. I was assured that BUSA will honor the warranty for the entire 5--yr period. It is a very well known dealer (especially here). You can PM me for more details if you like. Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:41 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

How about $4750 (by wire) shipped in the US? :lingsrock:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:00 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

bump

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:23 am 
Breitling Fanatic