Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:46 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:51 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 3 posts
SOLD!!

Last edited by SP00LN on Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:26 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 8 posts
Service history? Picture(s) are from Luxury Horology????

Please upload pictures with your username of the forum, date and watch

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:26 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

wvynck wrote:
Service history? Picture(s) are from Luxury Horology????

Please upload pictures with your username of the forum, date and watch

Correct. I purchased the watch from Luxury Horology in New York via the chrono24.com website. The photos I uploaded are the same photos that the vendor had. I saved them.

I'm not sure on the service history to be honest. I haven't had it serviced in the 12 months I've owned it. As far as I can tell, it keeps time great. Never had to adjust it. I'm sure there are more technical ways to test this, however I just got into higher end timepieces a year and a half ago.

Anywho, here are some pics today with username and date - pardon the quality or angles. Let me know.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:34 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 12 posts
Location: EGPF. 55 52 14N 004 26 45W TIMEZONE: BST (UTC/ZULU+1)
Hi I own a A78362 B-1 but would be interested in buying the UTC and fighter bracelet? I'd need to do a dial change to black but BUK would do that for me.

Have
B-1 Black Dial+UTC
Emergency Black+UTC

HAD
B1Vulcan+UTC
B2 Black+UTC
C.A. M1-Team SEB in the Volvo Ocean Race+UTC
Emergency Ti -Yellow+UTC
Mission -Black
Old Navitimer -RAFAT

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:10 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

findo-400 wrote:
Hi I own a A78362 B-1 but would be interested in buying the UTC and fighter bracelet? I'd need to do a dial change to black but BUK would do that for me.

Hi there. I'm really hesitant to part this out as I think it would be more difficult to sell. Would you be interested in buying it, taking what you need and then selling if you feel more confident? We could negotiate a price.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:14 pm 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

SP00LN wrote:
Hi there. I'm really hesitant to part this out as I think it would be more difficult to sell. Would you be interested in buying it, taking what you need and then selling if you feel more confident? We could negotiate a price.

As I said, I own a A78362 Superquartz B-1 so why would I buy an A68 version? In addition, I will be subject to 23% duty and import tax which will include whatever the shipping cost will be on the UTC and bracelet. This would be substantially higher if I bought the watch head as well.

Your hesitancy in parting out the watch might be misplaced as I don't think it will make it any more difficult to sell than it has been, going by the your sales history of this piece. viewtopic.php?f=3&t=61064

The inclusion of the UTC for some actually might be putting people off buying. This will be the third time I have extended an offer to buy the UTC and bracelet. Clearly your listing it on Craigslist hasn't paid off and all of your 23 posts on the forum have been related to selling this watch. So, perhaps a change of strategy might be more beneficial. Your original listing was at $1750.00 OBO+ shipping and it's now going for $2150.00 OBO + shipping.(?) (I hope my own B-1 has increased in value too.)

Posted: Mon Aug 15 , 2016 8:24pm
SP00LN wrote:
Bought this about 4 months ago from a certified vendor on chrono24.com. Beautiful watch, however I'm not getting the use out of that I thought I would due to my line of work. Someone else will be able to enjoy this and show it off more than I have. Worn about 6 times in 4 months.

Asking for $1,750.00 OBO + shipping

Description:

Brand: Breitling
Model: B-1 A68362
Condition: Pre - Owned
Movement: Swiss Quartz
Case Material: Stainless Steel
Bracelet / Strap Material: Stainless Steel
Clasp / Buckle Material: Stainless Steel
Clasp Type: Deployment
Bracelet / Strap width: 22 mm at lugs
Total Weight: 184 gr.
Case Shape: Round
Case Length: 42 mm
Case Length with Lugs: 50 mm
Case Width: 43 mm
Case Width With Crown: 47 mm
Case Thickness: 16 mm.
Dial Color: Blue
Dial Markers: Luminescent Arabic Numerals
Crystal: Sapphire
Crown Type: Pull Up
Crown Material: Stainless Steel
Water Resistant: Yes, 50M
Fits Wrist Up To
7+ inches (Was inches but I bought an extra link)
Box / Papers: No / No

Authentic Breitling B-1 A68362 UTC Multifunction Chronometre Quartz Watch. Excellent condition. Quartz movement keeps perfect time. Fits wrist up to 7+ inches (please note that I bought an additional link, so I'm not sure how much that adds). Please measure your wrist to make sure it will fit. It features: UTC, Alarm, Chronograph Dual Time Zone, Perpetual Calendar and Backlight.

All pictures that you see above are original pictures of the actual watch. White background was added using Photoshop for attractive look. I do not use stock photos. What you see is what you get.

(etc.etc.)

So, using the original selling price of $1750.00 for the full set, can you PM me an adjusted price for what the UTC on the Fighter bracelet would be, INCLUDING shipping to Scotland, Great Britain (so I can calculate UK Duty and Taxes which I am quite prepared to pay, as well as having to pay BUK to carry out a dial change) then we will have a starting point and hopefully you can realise some of the cash you are after.

I have owned 5 UTC modules for various Breitlings over the years so am fully aware of their value and rarity. Selling a B-1 without a UTC isn't going to be too hard. But then again, we must remember, there are no boxes or papers...which might be the rub... :?

Have
B-1 Black Dial+UTC
Emergency Black+UTC

HAD
B1Vulcan+UTC
B2 Black+UTC
Emergency Ti -Yellow+UTC
Mission -Black
Old Navitimer -RAFAT

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:19 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Thanks for your comments, however I think I'd still prefer to sell as a set.

Yes, the $1750 in a previous thread was revised several times; actually started a few hundred higher. Even this price has the OBO behind it.

The inclusion of the UTC is actually what attracted me to the watch. Might be off putting to some, but that just means they're not right buyer IMO.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:15 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

SP00LN wrote:

Yes, the $1750 in a previous thread was revised several times; actually started a few hundred higher. Even this price has the OBO behind it.

The inclusion of the UTC is actually what attracted me to the watch. Might be off putting to some, but that just means they're not right buyer IMO.

Yes, it was revised down from $2400.00 OBO + shipping and dropped to $1750 and still didn't sell.

You are the seller and I would not for a moment tell you how to steer your sale. I was only trying to offer an alternative strategy which may have been mutually beneficial.

You've lost me a bit with your assessment of the 'right buyer' but if it helps, what might be off putting to some is that the watch comes without provenance in the shape of boxes and paperwork...IMO.

UTC search goes on findo ol' boy... :cry:

Have a bump on me.

Have
B-1 Black Dial+UTC
Emergency Black+UTC

HAD
B1Vulcan+UTC
B2 Black+UTC
Emergency Ti -Yellow+UTC
Mission -Black
Old Navitimer -RAFAT

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:29 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

findo-400 wrote:
SP00LN wrote:

Yes, it was revised down from $2400.00 OBO + shipping and dropped to $1750 and still didn't sell.

You are the seller and I would not for a moment tell you how to steer your sale. I was only trying to offer an alternative strategy which may have been mutually beneficial.

You've lost me a bit with your assessment of the 'right buyer' but if it helps, what might be off putting to some is that the watch comes without provenance in the shape of boxes and paperwork...IMO.

UTC search goes on findo ol' boy... :cry:

Have a bump on me.

No problem and thanks. Sorry I couldn't help. I may have a buyer at $1,900 today :santa:

You're right about the boxes/paperwork etc., which is why I've always been negotiable.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:30 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Forgot to mention that I’d also trade + $ for a Bell & Ross.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:47 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 16 posts
Just out of curiosity, if the seller did part it out, wouldn’t that leave him with needing to source a new bracelet with end link to avoid trying to sell his B-1 as head only, no paperwork?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:02 pm 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Henryj wrote:
Just out of curiosity, if the seller did part it out, wouldn’t that leave him with needing to source a new bracelet with end link to avoid trying to sell his B-1 as head only, no paperwork?

Gosh yes :shock:

He would have to find a full length Fighter bracelet with both endlinks from somewhere. Not a rare thing to source.

Now who would have one of those...Hmmm... Pehaps someone who has just bought a UTC on a Fighter bracelet might just have a spare full length Fighter bracelet kicking about doing nothing.

Keep up... :poke:

Have
B-1 Black Dial+UTC
Emergency Black+UTC

HAD
B1Vulcan+UTC
B2 Black+UTC
Emergency Ti -Yellow+UTC
Mission -Black
Old Navitimer -RAFAT

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:55 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

findo-400 wrote:
Henryj wrote:

Gosh yes :shock:

He would have to find a full length Fighter bracelet with both endlinks from somewhere. Not a rare thing to source.

Now who would have one of those...Hmmm... Pehaps someone who has just bought a UTC on a Fighter bracelet might just have a spare full length Fighter bracelet kicking about doing nothing.

Keep up... :poke:

Findo - maybe this guy would sell you his UTC module if you reach out: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Breitling-B-1- ... 2386712079

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:46 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

SP00LN wrote:
Findo - maybe this guy would sell you his UTC module if you reach out: (link provided)

Many thanks for this SPOOLN, it's much appreciated. :lingsrock:

I didn't want to continue this discussion here and "highjack" your sales thread but wanted to extend to you the courtesy of a reply.

I have that link (and others) saved and have considered messaging him through that web site. Ironically, in the last 24 hours I have had a PM from a member on another forum, signposting me to a jeweller in the south of England who has a black dial A70174 UTC for sale on a bracelet. I'm just waiting to have it confirmed whether it is on a Fighter or Pilot bracelet. Ideally I'd prefer Fighter but the Pilot can be made to fit to an acceptable standard with the right end link.

Thanks again and GLWTS.

Have
B-1 Black Dial+UTC
Emergency Black+UTC

HAD
B1Vulcan+UTC
B2 Black+UTC
Emergency Ti -Yellow+UTC
Mission -Black
Old Navitimer -RAFAT