Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:00 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:20 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 0 post
Hi All,

I am offering for sale this Patek Philippe reference 2552 “Disco Volante”. This piece belongs to a close friend and is a family piece. It has had 3 owners but none outside of the family of the original purchaser (Original Owner -> Son -> Grandson). It is in wonderful condition with the dial showing a beautiful ivory patina. This piece also features the coveted 12-600AT automatic movement with it’s 18k yellow gold engine turned rotor and Gyromax balance wheel. These timeless Patek Dress pieces are destined to withstand the test of time, and the 2552 is definitely no exception. An instant classic and it’s larger size makes it perfectly suitable for today’s trends and a solid investment for the future.

Asking price is USD13750 including insured worldwide shipping. Payment can be made via bank wire, cashiers check, paypal or Credit Card and I will split the fees with the buyer. I will also give the buyer a 5 day inspection period once they receive the piece. If a return is requested I will return funds once the watch is returned and confirmed in same condition it was sold in and referenced in the photo’s below. Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions at keaton@kmindependent.com. I will get back to you in a timely fashion. I will also provide ample references before any cash is exchanged.

Now, back to the watch:

Movement: As I mentioned above this piece houses the 30 Jewel Patek 12-600AT. This example is in very good cosmetic and functional condition. There are some very slight marks from previous services but all are very minor. The watch runs very well and keeps excellent time. The movement photo’s below are as accurate of a representation of the mechanism that I can make. It is absolutely gorgeous.

Dial/Hands: The hour and minute hand are near mint. Being 18k yellow gold it is very common for these hands to acquire scratches and dings over the years of regular service. Thankfully these are an exception to that rule and remain in beautiful condition. As you can see in the photo’s I am sorry to report that the seconds hand is non-original. The dial is absolutely stunning. No scratches or damage in the lacquer and only very faint hairlines on the baton markers. It has developed a beautiful warm Ivory patina over the years, just gorgeous.

Crown: The 18k Yellow Gold crown is signed and original. These were often replaced with modern style crowns, so it’s refreshing to see an un-tampered example like this. The old style “PP” crown is a great reminder that this watch is from another era of Patek Philippe’s tremendous history.

Case: The 18k Yellow Gold case measures 36mm in diameter, not including the crown. The case has been polished lightly. It does show signs of wear but not what you would expect for a watch of this age. The caseback is in similar condition with only very minor wear. No marks from case wrench slips, which is always refreshing. The gold harmark is present on the side of the top left lug as well.

Strap/Buckle: Like so many this example has sadly lost it’s original 18k buckle. It will be shipped on a brand new HR Alligator Strap with a yellow plated buckle.

I did my best to accurately represent this piece in the photo’s below. Please look them over carefully. I am happy to send full resolution versions to interested parties as well.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:47 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 0 post
Friday Bump! :)