The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Mon Jun 03, 2024 1:37 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:23 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 414 posts
I have a nice Breitling Colt II (A73380 dated 21/12/05) original box and paperwork that are excess to my needs. Will even toss in a couple of Pro II spare bracelet links if needed. $100 delivered. No overseas delivery. Thanks!

Also have a later style Breitling Box, no paperwork, and has a little dent on outer box corner, no document holder insert but has outer white box still. $110 delivered (heavy). No overseas delivery. SOLD!

Last edited by vintage on Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:05 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:57 pm 

Liked in: 0 post
Ill give you 80 shipped for the first box, dont need the straps or the manual, as i will be putting my older colt in it, Let me know!

Thanks kyle

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:12 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

nycmacman@gmail.com wrote:
Ill give you 80 shipped for the first box, dont need the straps or the manual, as i will be putting my older colt in it, Let me know!

Thanks kyle

Appreciate the offer but would rather keep it together as a package.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:26 pm 

hmm ok ill take it all would you consider the 80 dollar offer? I can paypal you the money whenever your ready

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:43 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Are u in the US ?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:02 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Oguy99 wrote:
Are u in the US ?

Yes.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:09 am 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Question - are you selling papers that match a specific watch?

“Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:04 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 72 posts
I'll buy warranty and COSC, if you want to sell separate.
You don't need to ship them, just destroy them.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:20 am 
King of Ling
King of Ling

bnewbie wrote:

That was my point!

Why would you want to help promote fakes?

“Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:36 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Alan M wrote:
bnewbie wrote:

That was my point!

Why would you want to help promote fakes?

This is a for sale thread. Nobody asked for your opinions. The box is being sold with paperwork as I received it. Buy the box and toss the paperwork, I don't care. But for you to accuse me of "promoting fakes", well you need to get an education. The warranty book is stamped with the original watches information and the COSC certificate has the original watches serial number. Unless you're going to go to the expense of renumbering the watch I don't see how that's promoting fakes. The idea is for someone with a Colt II, missing the original paperwork and boxes, to have an opportunity to buy something to keep their watch in. The paperwork will never match their watch but the owners manual and other pieces not model specific might be nice to have. Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:45 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

vintage wrote:
The paperwork will never match their watch

Exactly, so why selling papers which don't match a specific watch?
vintage wrote:
but the owners manual and other pieces not model specific might be nice to have.

Of course, because they are not related to any specific watch and authenticity can't be faked as with warranty and COSC.
I find that very unethical (and believe that I'm not alone and don't care if you didn't ask for my opinion) from someone who love the watches.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:03 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

bnewbie wrote:
vintage wrote:
The paperwork will never match their watch

Exactly, so why selling papers which don't match a specific watch?
vintage wrote:
but the owners manual and other pieces not model specific might be nice to have.

Of course, because they are not related to any specific watch and authenticity can't be faked as with warranty and COSC.
I find that very unethical (and believe that I'm not alone and don't care if you didn't ask for my opinion) from someone who love the watches.

The box is now withdrawn because bnewbie has determined it's "unethical" for me to sell it with the paperwork. :roll: The box is on ebay anyway so anyone interested can bid on it there. Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:26 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Please, don't be pompous.
You are not more ethical withdrawing it from here and leaving them on ebay, but it's your choice...
I'm not going to post in this thread anymore.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:53 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

bnewbie wrote:
Please, don't be pompous.
You are not more ethical withdrawing it from here and leaving them on ebay, but it's your choice...
I'm not going to post in this thread anymore.

Thankyou.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:44 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 12 posts
Location: EGPF. 55 52 14N 004 26 45W TIMEZONE: BST (UTC/ZULU+1)
Quote:
The warranty book is stamped with the original watches information and the COSC certificate has the original watches serial number. Unless you're going to go to the expense of renumbering the watch I don't see how that's promoting fakes.

Slightly naive stand point. It's not the renumbering of the watch that would be done to match the papers. You clearly don't understand what can be done with paper and ink/type nowadays if you have the original document.

I can never understand someone buying a high end watch and destroying the credentials that make it different from the run of the mill stuff. Especially when one document confirms it as, no doubt what you will claim it to be, a genuine Breitling and the other confirms its accuracy. If I met you in the street and said "nice watch" and you told me it was a Breitling Colt II, if I then said "it looks like a fake", without the papers how are you going to convince me of its authenticity?

You, having offloaded the papers that proves it as genuine, to some Tom, Dick or Harry, are going to be stuck to convince me you have something of value on your wrist. Of course I, seeing certain marks and the positions of certain numbers on the case, would know it was real. But that's because I know what to look for. If I didn't have that knowledge, you would be hard pressed to convince me of its authenticity.

Quote:
The idea is for someone with a Colt II, missing the original paperwork and boxes, to have an opportunity to buy something to keep their watch in. The paperwork will never match their watch but the owners manual and other pieces not model specific might be nice to have.

The box I can go with but the argument for the papers is ludicrous. Manuals, COSC certificates, Dealer Cards and even practice slide rules are available, at least in the UK, free of charge from BUK. I know, I have asked them to send them. As for a warranty book, you will not get a replacement one but here's the rub. For those in the know, and who can manipulate print and colour the facility to get a warranty book with all the right numbers except for one (Serial number) is where the market is.

You're right vintage, ad hoc paperwork will never match the watch of an honest person like you, me and the majority of others, except if we actually happen to own a watch when we see "lost" papers for sale, but to those whose occupation is forgery and uttering, an original warranty book is a "gift". You have to remember that the forgery isn't the crime. For example, anyone can practice a signature. It's the uttering it as the genuine article that constitutes the crime.

However, sadly you have sent it to the bay. Don't give them the opportunity old boy. As Alan says shred the COSC (they owner who's lost their original will get a new one FOC) and shred the warranty book, it's not worth the paper it's written on except to you who has the genuine watch and the low life who might use it to their advantage and compromise you and me.

or

Keep the stuff, it's what makes a Breitling a Breitling, or are you so pressed for a few sheets of the folding that you need to sell?

Have
B-1 Black Dial+UTC
Emergency Black+UTC

HAD
B1Vulcan+UTC
B2 Black+UTC
C.A. M1-Team SEB in the Volvo Ocean Race+UTC
Emergency Ti -Yellow+UTC
Mission -Black
Old Navitimer -RAFAT