It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:08 am 
Breitling Maniac
Breitling Maniac

Liked in: 5 posts
NOW OHPF

"Good evening, Mr Bond."

Well it might be - because I reckon this is a bargain for someone out there...

Up for grabs is a full size Omega Seamaster Professional Quartz, the 2221.80.00.

This is just over 4 months old - stamped papers dated 23 July 2011, so warrantied until July 2013 - that's nearly 20 months Omega warranty.

Most on here will know the SMP series, but a quick breakdown pinched from the Omega website:

Features: Date, Helium escape valve, Screw-in crown, Unidirectional rotating bezel

Crystal: Domed anti-reflective, scratch-resistant sapphire crystal

Case: Steel

Dial: Blue, Wave Design

Hands and Markers are luminous, and glow like a torch

Water resistance
300 m (1000 feet)

Size: Gents Case Diameter: 41 mm

Caliber: Omega 1538
Quartz precision movement with rhodium-plated finish. End of battery life indicator

Power reserve: 27 / 36 months

Condition: Crystal, AR Coating, Crowns, Case and Backcase are all mint. There were a couple of swirlies on the bracelet, but I spent 2 minutes with a Cape Cod and refinishing pen, and unless I missed any, it's like new. Very faint swirly or two on the clasp.

I'm probably being over-critical here, it's pretty much mint throughout. I'm finding it very difficult to find a mark anywhere.

Timekeeping - I've only had this 4 days, and it's running absolutely perfectly at +-0 seconds per day. For the OCD amongst us, all hands are hitting the markers exactly.

Bracelet is sized at just over 7" (9 full links), and 2 spare links are included, with 2 tube end pieces but no tube.

As well as the watch and extra links, the package consists of: Outer Box, Inner Box, Hang Tag, Stamped Warranty Card dated 23 July 2011, Pictogram Card, Card Holder wallet, Instruction Book. All are in as-new condition. Of course, serial numbers match throughout.

Prepare to be shaken, if not stirred:

These retail at £1500, though I've seen a new one advertised at £1350 (with a non-Omega Warranty). Best I could find on the 'bay for this is £1100, with a similar remaining warranty, which is a pretty good price. A 2 year old version is also advertised at £1100.

It'll cost me a bundle in fees to sell on the 'bay, so I'm going to let this beauty go for an absolute bargain.

I'll take £999 and I'll include UK Next Day Special Delivery in that. That's £500 off the retail, for a watch with nigh on 20 months Omega Warranty. That's Official Omega warranty, not a reseller's warranty. Overseas buyers will pay a little more for Shipping/Insurance - depending on location.

This is a quick catch and release - I picked this beauty up simply because the price I paid was good to ignore (not from a forum). I make no apologies for reselling this at a profit, and if that's an issue for you, tough. It's an absolute bargain for the buyer in my opinion.

I've got a fair few references on here, loads on TZ-UK (username 'BigBird'), and I'm a Top-Rated Seller on e-bay (1760+, 99.9%, username 'goonermike'), so no problems there.

I'd much prefer a BT for this beauty, though if absolutely necessary, I'll take a PP Gift, or gross up a PP Invoice if you want to go 'official'. Overseas will be by PayPal, with +3.5% to cover fees.

Any questions, feel free to PM me.

Cheers

Mike 8)