The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:00 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:26 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 0 post
I have a SuperOcean Heritage 46 on an Ocean Racer strap that I have been kicking around some straps ideas on. I recently put a few of my aftermarket Panerai straps onto it with pre-V buckles and thought while the look was certainly different, I kind of liked it. Anyone else done this? What's everyone's thoughts on aftermarket straps on Breitlings? It doesn't seem like people stray too far away from the standard OEM straps with Breitlings very often.

I was actually kicking around this strap for my Titanium Sea Wolf when it gets back from service. Thoughts?
http://snprstrap.com/shop/the-blood-diamond-strap

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:21 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

I use Hirsch performance straps on my Crosswind

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:08 pm 
Contributing Connoisseur
Contributing Connoisseur

Liked in: 1005 posts
They can look great! Especially on the Avenger series, gives the watch a more muscular look. SNPR straps are by far some of the best on the market, too. Good luck and post some pics when you get it in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:14 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

MattC wrote:
They can look great! Especially on the Avenger series, gives the watch a more muscular look. SNPR straps are by far some of the best on the market, too. Good luck and post some pics when you get it in!

Yeah I'm going to order the Blood Diamond strap, just torn on pre-V buckle or thumb buckle and to taper or not.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:43 pm 
Contributing Connoisseur
Contributing Connoisseur

Liked in: 1005 posts
breitlingfan82 wrote:
MattC wrote:

Yeah I'm going to order the Blood Diamond strap, just torn on pre-V buckle or thumb buckle and to taper or not.

The buckle would be entirety up to your preference, but I think a non taper would look very nice, and wouldn't be very wide so it would wear very comfortably, especially when worn in.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:33 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 8 posts
I think you are making a great choice having Joe make you the blood diamond strap. He pays a lot of attention to the details of his stitching and his leathers are some of the best looking out there in my opinion. I also agree that a non tapered strap will look alright on the Avenger.

On the buckle I would go with the pin buckle but that is really a matter of my own preference. I am trying to decide if I want to go with a Breitling Rubber strap, a Breitling canvas strap or something from SNPR. Please post photos for us when you get it put together.
Kevin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:36 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Streetboss wrote:
I think you are making a great choice having Joe make you the blood diamond strap. He pays a lot of attention to the details of his stitching and his leathers are some of the best looking out there in my opinion. I also agree that a non tapered strap will look alright on the Avenger.

On the buckle I would go with the pin buckle but that is really a matter of my own preference. I am trying to decide if I want to go with a Breitling Rubber strap, a Breitling canvas strap or something from SNPR. Please post photos for us when you get it put together.
Kevin

Thanks for your thoughts and input Kevin. I've gone ahead and ordered the blood diamond strap, non tapered. I'll definitely post a picture when I get it all (Seawolf is in for service for a stem and crown replacement and strap will take a few weeks). Can't wait to get it all together!