Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:42 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:30 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
Hello everyone,

I have a Montbrillant Datora A21330 and the leather strap is not holding up too well in humidity and gets sweaty. I have a 431A bracelet but do not have the end pieces and was looking to get them but for some reason Breitling have said the bracelet wont fit the watch. It seems the lug width 22-20mm matches so i am not sure what the problem is?

I assume this would be the best forum to answer my question. Will the 431A fit (or can the end pieces be replaced to fit) or do i need to get a different bracelet i.e 425A? If it definitely wont fit is anyone willing to trade?

Any help or guidance would be appreciated.

Best regards,

josh

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:10 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
Breitling are correct. End links are unique to the model so can't be interchanged. You need 425a or 441a (same bracelet with an updated clasp) end links, and you are welcome to post a WTB ad in the sales section.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:52 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Thanks very much for the reply. Breitling in Singapore couldn't give me definite response or explain why it wouldn't fit.. only that it would not. Appreciate your help

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:04 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Do you know if a Aeromarine Transocean Bracelet 151A / 154A or similar would fit? Now i have a reduntant Navi SS bracelet i might go for something different. I understand that there will be a gap between the bracelet end and the case? I haven't seen a Mt Datora with one but i think the watch may look good? Once again appreciate any help anyone could give.

Cheers
Josh

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:01 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

dalyj wrote:
Do you know if a Aeromarine Transocean Bracelet 151A / 154A or similar would fit? Now i have a reduntant Navi SS bracelet i might go for something different. I understand that there will be a gap between the bracelet end and the case? I haven't seen a Mt Datora with one but i think the watch may look good? Once again appreciate any help anyone could give.

Cheers
Josh

A straight end link 22mm bracelet like 151a will fit physically, but as you say there will be a gap.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:19 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Thanks again!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:07 pm 
Contributing Connoisseur
Contributing Connoisseur

Liked in: 105 posts
dalyj wrote:

Cheers
Josh

That will work.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:10 pm 
Contributing Connoisseur
Contributing Connoisseur

dalyj wrote:
Hello everyone,

I have a Montbrillant Datora A21330 and the leather strap is not holding up too well in humidity and gets sweaty. I have a 431A bracelet but do not have the end pieces and was looking to get them but for some reason Breitling have said the bracelet wont fit the watch. It seems the lug width 22-20mm matches so i am not sure what the problem is?

I assume this would be the best forum to answer my question. Will the 431A fit (or can the end pieces be replaced to fit) or do i need to get a different bracelet i.e 425A? If it definitely wont fit is anyone willing to trade?

Any help or guidance would be appreciated.

Best regards,

josh

Josh, you said that you have the 431A bracelet but do not have the end links. Correct?
The 431 end links will not fit the Datora but I see no reason why you could not order the 425A/441A end links and fit them to your bracelet.
I believe all 22/20 Navitimer bracelets are the same (the clasps may vary slightly) and the main difference are the end links.
Let me experiment a bit this weekend swapping end links between my 423A, 447A and 442A Navi bracelets.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:35 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Thanks again. Yes, i have the bracelet but do not have the end links. Ordering new end links was my initial thought, so please let me if this would solution the problem. Otherwise my fall back will be to sell or swap the 431 and go the Aero bracelet. It looks great and is something a little differennt.

Cheers

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:58 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

dalyj wrote:
Thanks again. Yes, i have the bracelet but do not have the end links. Ordering new end links was my initial thought, so please let me if this would solution the problem. Otherwise my fall back will be to sell or swap the 431 and go the Aero bracelet. It looks great and is something a little differennt.

Cheers

Same bracelet style and same width so end links alone is all you need to use a Navitimer bracelet.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:51 pm 
Contributing Connoisseur
Contributing Connoisseur

As expected, I had no problems moving the end links between these three Navi bracelets 423A, 442A and 447A.
Go ahead and order the 425/441 end links and you're in business.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:47 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

thanks very much. I was hoping that was the case but glad you could verify.

Cheers

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:53 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 1 post
Can you order the end link from an AD?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:57 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

I live in Singapore and Breitling singapore is completely hopeless, they dont know their products and are rude. My first port of call for the purchase was Breitling singapore then an AD. I said i was after the end links and after some further probing they have said something about the factory being closed for summer holidays (August), then that it is technically not possible to fix the 431A bracelet, to attachment links of 425A and 441A, and finally they do not condone customisation. All pretty frustrating really and the end pieces have been quoted at USD250.. might as well just start again. This sort of service from Breitling is extremely poor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:15 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Quote:

Anyone try this out? Think it would be a gorgeous combination and would love to see it work...