The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Jun 13, 2024 6:49 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 7:20 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 0 post
I have the larger PO, I think it's 45.5mm, is that correct? It's also not the latest 8500 movement one, it's the previous version. Does anyone know what size mesh bracelet I need? I went to the Omega store at the Millennia mall here in Orlando, and originally he said they don't make it anymore and cannot get it. Then he looked into it, said he could order one, and it would cost $334. Does that sound right?

I called the Govberg in PA, where i bought the watch from originally, and they said they cannot get one. They called their Omega rep, and it's not being made, so they can't order one.

Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone know where I can order one, or does someone have one for sale? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 8:39 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 47 posts
You need a 22mm bracelet.

$334 sounds like a bargain if it is a genuine Omega one. I have the original movement XL PO that I bought new in 2012. When I looked into the mesh bracelet it was in the $700 range IIRC and the buckle from the ploprof put it well over the $1300 mark...again IIRC, as it has been a while. There are older Omege mesh bracelets with a airplane seat belt style buckle that are easy to find. In the end I did not want that older style of buckle and could not justify the $$$ for the "correct" mesh bracelet as I was not sure I'd like mesh. I went with an after market, thick bracelet with nice double butterfly clasp for less than $250 delivered and am quite happy with it. I mostly wear it on the omega rubber with deployment, but the mesh sees its fair share of use.

I got if from a big seller off of TimeZone in Texas. If you can't find him and are interested let me know and I'll do some digging. Here are some old pix.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 12:54 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

I thought $334 sounded like a bargain too. So you have to buy the bracelet and the clasp/buckle separately? I figured it all came as one piece. The one you have is nice, if it's not too much trouble, can you message me where I can buy one like it? I feel like getting a genuine Omega mesh bracelet is going to be way too expensive and difficult to find. Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 3:42 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Not on most, they typically come bracelet/buckle together...but for some reason I think on the omega mesh they were priced separately. I'll look back through emails/paypal and find the seller and let you know.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 4:12 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Thanks rplace!

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 6:15 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Does anyone else have any other suggestions or advice? How much do they sell for used? Any idea where I can find a used one?

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 7:03 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Here ya go. I think you can find them on ebay too. Pretty sure they are made in Germany. I opted for the thicker version and am more than happy with it given the price. Service from seller was fine. Also, IIRC the thicker one is adjusted with screws making it easier to add/remove links.

http://lonestarwatches.com/5mm%20Mesh.htm