The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:00 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:58 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 0 post
The bezel on a B13048 can be turned in both directions and doesn't click. I read some postings and thought that the click spring might be broken or had some debris in the way that might be affecting it's ability to click. I removed the bezel without incident. I lifted the click spring which is intact. It was pretty dirty under the bezel and in the groove of the watch where the click spring and bezel rest so I cleaned them up and swiped down the click spring. When I put the click spring and bezel back on and tighten the bezel screws the bezel still spins in both directions and doesn't click. Any idea of what I can do myself to correct the situation? I noticed that there's a protrusion/bump at the 9 o'clock position on the watch where the click spring sits. The click spring has 4 "indents" side by side about 1 mm apart on the outside of it. Do those 4 indents have to be aligned with the watch's protrusion/bump at the 9 o'clock position in some fashion? Any advice anyone could offer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advanced.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:25 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 0 post
I should have followed up on this sooner. Anyway, the bezel is clicking now and is unidirectional. The protrusion at the 9 o'clock position is used to prevent the click spring from moving if the protrusion is placed between one of the indents of the click spring. I'm not certain which indent is the appropriate indent to use. But it seems to be working fine now.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:26 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 1 post
The extra indents are to allow one to center the bezel at 12:00. Each hole is slightly different offset to allow best adjustment.