The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:35 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:47 am 
Breitling Maniac
Breitling Maniac

Liked in: 22 posts
Hi, I hope this is the right place to post this.

I have been talking to my AD's and we were discussing setting up some sort of Unofficial UK Owners Club to give back to the people loyal to the Brand.

Between us we have come up with some ideas of what could be offered but would like to know what you would all value.

NOTE this is not in any way a paid for service i.e. it would be a free valued added dealer service and I am not paid or employed by the AD

So the question is, what would you all want to see that would make an owners club useful to you?

This is about more than just discounts it’s about value added.

It would be primarily focused on UK members in that anything organised event wise would be here but it would be open to anyone interested and a lot of the benefits would be useful to all and not just the UK folk.

It really is a straw man right now so please feel free to post up whatever you would get long term value from.

So id be really grateful if you could do 2 things

1. Let me know if you would interested in joining something like this (want to get an idea ok UK members numbers so if you can list if you are UK based, if you dont list ill assume overseas)

2. regardless of where you are based please suggest what you would value in a Club like this.

ill try to capture all the interesed UK and non UK members seperatley.

i know it may be hard to register an interest when you dont know the benefits so here is some ideas bare in mind these are only being thrown about at this point and are not decided.

VIP access to the Breitling Tent at airshows, this would give additional perks to those you are already entitled to.

Enhancing Servicing (definition later)

Mechandise

Cheers for your input and thanks to Nelson for his support on the idea and allowing me to use the forum to generate interest.

Admin has kindly advised if there is enough interest he would create a Sub forum for this specifically but i think to start with a sticky would be good.

Alex

I Have removed the "interest" List from this thread as not to confuse it with the actual Member list of peopel that have submitted their infomation to Andrew Michaels. - Admin

Last edited by alex** on Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:42 am, edited 26 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:36 am 

Liked in: 0 post
I'm in the u.k and would be interested in something like this as would be nice to get something back from Breitling u.k as we never seem to get any decent perk's apart from vip at air show's which aint gr8!

Rob

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:56 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
I'd be 100% behind this idea! What a great thought - just gutted I didn't think of it! :wink: :lol:

No, I love the concept....., probably even irrespective of what the added value may be.

Obviously a little club loyalty discount off UK list would be nice. Anything like invites to Breitling events, access to VIP areas at airshows and Red Bull Air Races, a bit of merchandise now and then (or even just a guarantee of a bit of merchandise when you buy a watch!), or even something like a yearly calendar would be great.

Once again - top idea! :thumbsup:

Site Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:03 am 
Breitling Maniac
Breitling Maniac

perfect those are exactly the type of things we are looking for, ps driver id just finished pm'ing you on this before i saw you'd posted.

the only way this will be successful is if we get a big enough group that stay active with it which means we need to know what you want from the brand.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:59 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 2 posts
Count me in.

Verner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:11 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
I'm obviously not in the UK, but I'm never short of an opinion, and with a PM inviting comment, well.........

I think that this is an exceptionally good idea for both BUK and Breitling SA. I think that you have hit on the things that would be of benefit to most members - you'll never make everyone happy. I think that it's important for all involved to have transparency on what benefits there are, even though this will likely evolve through membership growth.

I would also encourage you to reach out to some of the big players with Breitling in the UK - Andrew Michaels springs to mind (the guys that do most of the UK custom order aircraft LEs).

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:28 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

count me in ....
the netherlands

Avenger m1-sold
Skyland
Seawolf

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:01 am 
All Roads lead to Breitling

Liked in: 1 post
I'm in favour.

Quote:
VIP access to the Breitling Tent at airshows
For info, if you ever visit RIAT Fairford, wear a Breitling and you can get access to the Breitling enclosure by showing it at the entrance. I would assume the same applies to other shows as well.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:03 am 
Breitling Maniac
Breitling Maniac

Sharkmouth wrote:
I'm in favour.

Quote:
VIP access to the Breitling Tent at airshows
For info, if you ever visit RIAT Fairford, wear a Breitling and you can get access to the Breitling enclosure by showing it at the entrance. I would assume the same applies to other shows as well.

hiya yes youre correct thats what i meant by it would entitle you to other perks above what you already get (acccess being what you already get)

sorry if that wasnt clear.

do you think its a good idea and would you be interested?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:09 am 

Reading slightly more carefully, Alex, I note you call it an Owners Club but then say it would be a free valued added dealer service.

So would this only be something those who buy at an AD would be offered rather than existing owners or those who choose to buy second hand?

I'd still be 100% in favour as I think it's a great idea but I'm afraid you'd have one less member!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:20 am 
Breitling Maniac
Breitling Maniac

no not at all

luckily the dealer i am talking to is quite forward thinking and obviously the benefit to him is future business so it would be open to any owner, i am not sure how it would be structured somethings maybe accessable on purchase like merchandise for a purchase

the idea is that for example if you were offered a discount off servicing and pre paid insured delivery to the ad you may use him for your servicing going forward as it saves you some money and by defalut he makes money. then if your getting great customer service and good pricing on your servicing and you come to buy a new or s/hand B you'll go to him first.

the idea from our side (ie the customer) is to have a dealer who through a club can give something back for the loyalty and money we all put to the brand by buying the products like BUSA do direct and going further than that.

obviously the ldea from the dealer side is to develop the brand, give something back to us and also win future business and build an even better reputation than that he already has.

its still business but its about community, advice, help, support, access and the brand

does that help?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:41 am 

Sound fantastic to me!

I honestly believe 99% of those who would want to join would be happy to pay a small (£10/20) fee to join the gang. I know I would!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:48 am 
Breitling Maniac
Breitling Maniac

cool i have added you to the first post.

i think paying defeats the purpose really and i hope the ad is on the same page as thats not so much giving something back.

the good thing is due to his dealership he egts a lot of Shand stuff in as well as all the new stuff so he can accomodate both new and s/hand buyers plus we all need servicing (the watches that is).

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:54 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 12 posts
Yep, count me in too please.

Stef

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:36 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Go on then :)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next