Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:23 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:21 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 0 post
Hi guys,

A question for those of you who are in frequent contact with AM Jewellers: are they having problems with their email service or have they been on vacation for the past month?

Here's the reason for my asking, I bought a watch from them in the 2nd half of June and after receiving it, I found that the invoice for the watch was not included.
As I cannot insure the watch without proper proof of value, I obviously need the invoice, and besides, it goes without saying that one should get an invoice when buying something, especially something of greater value, such as a watch.

So I've sent 3 emails since then (last one was sent this Tuesday) and I never get a reply. :(

Can someone tell me what's going on, are they having computer troubles or have they been closed for a vacation :?:
I cannot be a spam filter issue as I have sent all my emails to Mr. Andrew from the same address, and all of them came through fine.

I know that I could call them and maybe that’s what I’ll have to do, but I’m not from England so an overseas call is going to cost me a substantial sum, and also I feel I am not asking for a hand out, it should not be a problem to send me my invoice.

Any info greatly appreciated and I really hope this gets sorted out.

Thank you for reading.

Regards,

David

Chronomat B01 (Onyx black, Pilot bracelet)
SuperOcean Steelfish (Black, Diver Pro II, tang buckle)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:04 pm 
King of Ling
King of Ling

David82 wrote:
Hi guys,

A question for those of you who are in frequent contact with AM Jewellers: are they having problems with their email service or have they been on vacation for the past month?

Here's the reason for my asking, I bought a watch from them in the 2nd half of June and after receiving it, I found that the invoice for the watch was not included.
As I cannot insure the watch without proper proof of value, I obviously need the invoice, and besides, it goes without saying that one should get an invoice when buying something, especially something of greater value, such as a watch.

So I've sent 3 emails since then (last one was sent this Tuesday) and I never get a reply. :(

Can someone tell me what's going on, are they having computer troubles or have they been closed for a vacation :?:
I cannot be a spam filter issue as I have sent all my emails to Mr. Andrew from the same address, and all of them came through fine.

I know that I could call them and maybe that’s what I’ll have to do, but I’m not from England so an overseas call is going to cost me a substantial sum, and also I feel I am not asking for a hand out, it should not be a problem to send me my invoice.

Any info greatly appreciated and I really hope this gets sorted out.

Thank you for reading.

Regards,

David

I suggest you talk to Alex as hes the AM guy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:34 pm 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
Or phone them. I think Alex has a lot on his plate right now.

Alex said that the club would be quiet because they are busy with airshow season, but I'm sure that the store is answering the phone during store hours.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:01 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

sonyman wrote:
I suggest you talk to Alex as hes the AM guy

I know, I'm sure he'll answer when he gets a chance, just thought I'd post this to see if anyone else has had a similar experience, because maybe they are having some technical issues.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:03 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Roffensian wrote:
Or phone them. I think Alex has a lot on his plate right now.

Alex said that the club would be quiet because they are busy with airshow season, but I'm sure that the store is answering the phone during store hours.

Yes, that's why I didn't want to bother him via PM and thought I'd just post this and wait if someone chimes in. I guess I'll wait for another week and call them if there is still no reply. Thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:22 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Seems strange not answering but I had my insurance valuation sent through about 2 weeks after buying the watch in person but that was to a UK address. At the time they said I would have my valuation in about a fortnight (xmas post). Is it possibly an overseas postal issue?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:50 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Oliver Clothesoff wrote:
Seems strange not answering but I had my insurance valuation sent through about 2 weeks after buying the watch in person but that was to a UK address. At the time they said I would have my valuation in about a fortnight (xmas post). Is it possibly an overseas postal issue?

Could be a postal issue in the sense that it got lost, although the watch which I bought arrived very quickly, but that was an insured package sent through signedfor international (Royal Mail). In any case, it's strange that they don't answer the emails at least....

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:54 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

An update on the story… I received a letter from AM Jewellers today. I was sure it was the invoice for my recently purchased watch, but it was not.

It was a letter of valuation for insurance, with a statement from an appraiser that my watch (serial number quoted) has a value of x £. I have to say I am really surprised since they have obviously gone to some trouble to obtain this, and I would have been quite happy if they would have just printed out an invoice, since this cannot be an issue. It’s also a bit peculiar that not a single email (of the last 3 sent) has been answered to date.

Can anyone provide some input on this; is it normal for British businesses not to give you an invoice when you purchase something from them? Or perhaps it's because I am an overseas customer (although we are all in the EU, so I doubt it)?

In conclusion, I would honestly like to thank the person from AM who made this happen, I do appreciate it.

Cheers,

David

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:54 am 
Breitling Maniac
Breitling Maniac

Liked in: 22 posts
not surprised you didn't get an invoice as such most i'd expect is credit card print out but am normally send valuations. So glad you got it if a little slowly. Andrew has most staff on hols am suprised there was no response to email maybe they didnt get it. Dont know. Spoke to him today and they are swamped

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:41 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

alex** wrote:
not surprised you didn't get an invoice as such most i'd expect is credit card print out but am normally send valuations. So glad you got it if a little slowly. Andrew has most staff on hols am suprised there was no response to email maybe they didnt get it. Dont know. Spoke to him today and they are swamped

Alright, the fact that it's normal not to get an invoice puts me at ease. Thanks, Alex.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:01 am 
Breitling Maniac
Breitling Maniac

Liked in: 22 posts
yup when i first met andrew i was buying a b1 from him and i got my valuation with the credit card slip attached. obviously he does invoices for business to business