Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:19 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:48 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 0 post
Hi,

I wasn't sure where to post this, so thought 'I'm a member of the AMOC so why not?!!'

I'm thinking of going to the Air Tattoo at RAF Fairford in July, but need some advice on whether or not my better half would enjoy it... What can I expect from the day, are there other things to keep her busy away from the aircraft, in short, do you think a young woman would enjoy it???? I've got tickets to a hospitality tent which would no doubt make the day that little bit more 'special', I suppose I just need to know what other peoples ladies have found of the occasion.

Also, for those who have been before, could I ask your kind advice... As I would like to enjoy the day, and not worry about having a drink, I am probably going to drive down Saturday morning, and stay over that night, going home on the Sunday. With that in mind, how is the complimentary transport that is laid on from Swindon centre? I understand that it is regular buses, but just how regular?!!

Thanks for any help in advance, and hope to meet some of you there?!

Ash

P.S. I still haven't posted any pics of my new Ling, but will do soon..... brand new B1 (grey) on an Ocean Racer from AM... Still waiting for the OR to arrive as it's being mailed, but got the strapless watch head a few days ago, wearing it on a Diver Pro and love it to bits!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:42 pm 
All Roads lead to Breitling
All Roads lead to Breitling

Liked in: 1 post
Unless the lady likes hiking miles looking at lumps of grey metal, I'd suggest she stays at home! The partners of a couple of my mates come along and like visiting the craft fair and being invited to have a look at the pilot's joysticks :wink: but I think the place is really something of a "boy's toys" place. A sort of aerial Top Gear!

I have always driven there so no idea of the frequency of the buses. However, I would suggest you leave before the Red Arrows if you don't want a long wait as about 50% of the crowd seem to set off home once they've displayed.