The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:58 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:03 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
My husband and I are about to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary. I have been researching watches for several months planning to get him one. As I narrowed it down, I decided it was not fair to "surprise" him with something so personal and expensive. He would always feel bad if he returned it for a different one. I let him in on what he is getting and told him I wanted him to choose. He fell in love with basically the exact same Breitling I was set on getting for him. (Chronomat B01).

He also fell in love with the ladies watches and now he wants me to choose one as MY gift from him! Yay!!! A local jeweler has a beautiful two tone Galactic 32 with MOP diamond dial (not bezel). This watch has a leather brown lizard band. The other watch that has caught my eye is a lady's cockpit stainless steel with diamond dial AND bezel (no two tone). This watch has a SS pilot's bracelett. I am leaning toward the Cockpit as it is all steel rather than two tone and I love the roman numerals at 12, 6 and 9. Not sure if I like the two tone or if it seems dated? The only thing about the cockpit is the diamond bezel. May be too much bling... Hard to tell in the jewelry store as EVERYTHING looks blingy in there. I am a casual person - not typically dressy.

Any thoughts and opinions are appreciated!

Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:19 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
The Galactic 32 will give you the 'matching bezels' look with your husband's piece, and internally the watches are pretty much identical so it's really only a cosmetic decision. My wife has a diamond marker dial Cockpit Lady and she consciously avoided the diamond bezel because of the 'bling' factor. That said, the gold on the Galactic is also going to give the watch a dressier look so it really comes down to what you are more comfortable wearing with jeans and a t-shirt as well as a 'posh frock'.

Congratulations to you both on the upcoming anniversary and welcome to BreitlingSource.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:14 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Thanks Roffensian.

You have some good points. I'm really leaning toward the Cockpit as it just looks slightly larger. I know it isn't and it must be an illusion, but I like a larger dial. It could be that it is all white/stainless and nothing to break it up. I thought maybe I could dress it down a little with a leather band? Or I could keep looking to see if I can find one with diamonds on the dial but not the bezel. It is difficult as the cockpit is no longer made. Do you think this matters between the two as far as value? The fact that the Cockpit is discontinued?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:23 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Breit20 wrote:
Thanks Roffensian.

You have some good points. I'm really leaning toward the Cockpit as it just looks slightly larger. I know it isn't and it must be an illusion, but I like a larger dial. It could be that it is all white/stainless and nothing to break it up. I thought maybe I could dress it down a little with a leather band? Or I could keep looking to see if I can find one with diamonds on the dial but not the bezel. It is difficult as the cockpit is no longer made. Do you think this matters between the two as far as value? The fact that the Cockpit is discontinued?

The fact that the CL is discontinued won't make much difference - you may be able to negotiate a slightly better discount - and maybe get the AD to include a first free battery change as the watch has been ticking away for a while, but no real practical impact.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:45 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Thanks Roffensian.

The AD is offering a 20% discount on the two watches together off the retail. Do you think this is about the most we can expect?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:49 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Breit20 wrote:
Thanks Roffensian.

The AD is offering a 20% discount on the two watches together off the retail. Do you think this is about the most we can expect?

Nope, you should be able to get more than that on a double purchase.

I think that you are US based so drop a line to jnelson3097 or FEAR, both represent US ADs who sponsor the site and will likely be able to do better if they can access the Cockpit Lady.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:04 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Roffensian wrote:
Breit20 wrote:
Thanks Roffensian.

Nope, you should be able to get more than that on a double purchase.

I think that you are US based so drop a line to jnelson3097 or FEAR, both represent US ADs who sponsor the site and will likely be able to do better if they can access the Cockpit Lady.

I will message them. Thanks!