The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:58 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:16 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 0 post
I always pass by an array of watches and have always caught my eye on omega rolex and other expensive brands, breguet etc. and Breitling caught my eye. I went home and could not sleep thinking abouth that blue dial chronometre watch. I asked the wife to come and have a look.
it may not pricey for some people but at £2,200 it is expensive for me especially if it is quartz.(more of that later).

I have been thinkinh to swap it with the superocean or superocean steelfish but I don't know why I went for this model. It was the one that caught my eye at that time.

After 1 Week, I went back to shop and guess what. YES! I bought a Breitling Chrono Colt 11 SQ Chronometre. I did not realise at that time that it was a quartz movement , thinking that I will change the battery after a few years( it makes me sad). I tried looking for reviews over the WWW but there are only 1 or 2 reviews of this type of watch I could not get satisfaction on how good they are and their reliability. I hope I did not buy a duff one. I still got 2 weeks to change my mind and exchange it for something else.

I did not sleep for days, up to now thinking that it is a quartz movement , BUT My GOd It is a beautiful looking watch. I admire it a lot.

It may be a cheap way of owning a Breitling. As some will say.

THe only thing that makes smile is, it is a Breitling and as Breitling said in their book "not all chronograpgh are chronometres." WHat is that all about.

THe only consolation is that the manager who sold me the watch worked for breitling and trained with them (it is not a salestalk but not a bias also because she is wearing one.)

And she said JUST LOOK at the PEOPLE who WEARS THEM.

There are Loads of OMEGA and ROLEX around and I Agree I have friends who have them but the "Breitling" Brand, it is exclusive.

I even asked my friend who has both got a Rolex and Omega and he said if only I could get my hands on one I have to sell both of my watches. (I exaggerated a bit).

From now, I will try to wear it everyday and see how good this superquartz is made and after a few weeks or years to come if it lasts, then I will let you know my verdict.

chronometre was bought on 120210 - chrono120210

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 4:20 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Firstly congrats on the purchase ! Got a chrono colt myself ! And what can I say they are a great watch! After two years- got it second hand it still keeps impecable time! So no worries remember it's not just any quartz it's SuerQuartz

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:29 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 24 posts
SuperQuartz= certified accurate to -10 to +10 seconds per year. Not to many watch owners can say that!!
:lingsrock:

A Few Breitlings.

Last edited by breanach78 on Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:30 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
breanach78 wrote:
SuperQuartz= certified accurate to -10 to +10 seconds a day. Not to many watch owners can say that!!

I think you mean per year.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:44 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 24 posts
Roffensian wrote:
breanach78 wrote:
SuperQuartz= certified accurate to -10 to +10 seconds a day. Not to many watch owners can say that!!

I think you mean per year.

:oops: Of course. apologies and corrected.

A Few Breitlings.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:11 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

I actually bought my Colt II SQ because it's quartz.

I need a watch that is accurate enough to navigate with (without using the old Navy scale), is resistant to shock, has a depth rating I can dive with, and a rotating dive bezel... While there are a myriad of less expensive watches that fit this bill, there are surprisingly few high-end watches that do... I.e., something you can wear with formal wear should the need arise. Pretty much just the Omega Seamaster Quartz, and the Colt II... Although the Colt II handily beats the Omega in depth rating, accuracy (thermocompensated quartz vs. non), and overall bomb-proofness. Nice extras like anti-glare coating on both sides of the crystal and 24h markers also set it apart from the SMP Quartz.

The Colt II SQ is the "entry level" Breitling, but I still chose it after looking at the other Breitling SQ watches, some of which are very, very expensive... They are certainly great watches, but lack the depth rating I need- they seemed to be more geared towards flying.

In terms of a high-end watch that is a true dive tool, the Colt II SQ is one of the only games in town...