It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:41 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:49 pm 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 809 posts
MattC wrote:
I'm not sure there is anything to fix here guys,

Especially since the original post is from 2009!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:57 pm 
Contributing Connoisseur
Contributing Connoisseur

Liked in: 1005 posts
Novacastrian wrote:
MattC wrote:
I'm not sure there is anything to fix here guys,

Especially since the original post is from 2009!

Wow, didn't even realize that lol! Whoops!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:18 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 28 posts
My Aerospace F65362 has similar problem with the hour hand, but being used when I bought it, I can`t suggest whether it`s been all the time that way or after being serviced somewhere.

Anyway, nice watches, love them!
:lingsrock:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:48 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 36 posts
This crap again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:21 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 8 posts
zeitgate wrote:
Thank you all for feedback so far. Regarding 'if such issue exists with other brands' - I can say: we have 4 other Swiss watches in the family, including Tissot, Longines and Raymond Weil. NONE of them has such a problem, while being same type digital-analog. When it is 9 or 3 o'clock you can see 90 degrees exactly. And for some reason - such a precision does not stop 'mechanical movement'. Some people say I have 'way too sharp eye'.. maybe - I am a CPU designer by profession, so can catch 90 degrees angles quite easy.... I did draw red boxes only after couple of conversations with a dealer. But besides, I am simply terribly surprised that such a famous watch maker can't align hands. I though it is like ABC in their business. Well, it is not.

Honestly, had you not superimposed the angular lines, even my normally-discerning eye would not necessarily have picked up on the approximate 2 degree extrusion, or at least would not have focused on it. Certainly not a deal-breaker for me if I otherwise like the watch for its looks and/or functions...and I like the Aerospace a lot, having owned a few. Sometimes new watches are like new homes: you buy it because it checks most of the boxes. A house is a huge investment of course, and yet you're still not getting everything you hoped for or thought you needed --- perhaps there's a noisy schoolyard nearby, or a busy highway seems a bit close for comfort --- but other, higher priorities ultimately force a compromise. Same with at least the higher-end watches. I look at the big picture, which often means some unchecked boxes. For example, there's a few things about my Navitimer that I'm less partial to, but I love the overall watch (that is, at least until I flip it and love the next one just as much).

All that being said :tmi: , there's still a point of recognition, which is this: Some folks, probably a number on this forum, tend to obsess a fair bit over things big and small when it comes to their watches. (The same can be said about folks who are into their boats, motorcycles, automobiles and the like). Nothing illegal, immoral or dangerous about that. Just part of one's personality. Indeed, being on this watch forum itself means there's at least a degree of obsession in each of us. So...let's agree that it's all just a matter of degree, like lots of other things.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:57 am 
Breitling Maniac
Breitling Maniac

Liked in: 730 posts
I don’t think there is an issue. My B-1 second hand doesn’t always hit the markers and the minute hand is sometimes off and sometimes not. Then again I just don’t have time or the inclination to sit and check it. I love the watch, it’s supremely accurate and great to wear, that does for me.

Citizen Eco Drive AT4000-02E (for gardening)
Seiko 5 SNZG15J1
Hamilton X Wind LE

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:22 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
zeitgate wrote:
Attachment:
Breitling aerospace hands un-aligned s.jpg
I bought brand new Aerospace and extremely dissatisfied. Breitling could not align hands properly: small one is always behind. i.e. when it is 9 o'clock the angle between hands is more than 90 degrees. Same you can see at 3 o'clock. Ridiculous for such a brand! At 12 - small hand is clearly behind... Moreover, Breitling service could not repair them for 3 months now.. and in the end I hear from dealer that ALL watches within this model have same issue. I have visited the shop today and was shocked to see that it is TRUE - two other brand new copies really have the same problem! Unbelievable! Any 100$ watch will have hands aligned properly in nowadays. To me it does not matter if they have super-quartz and all that as long as hands show crap. So, look at yours carefully, perhaps you have bad luck too. I attach a picture so you can see it for real. This is NOT an instrument .. and NOT for professionals.. I would love to hear from anyone who has the same model. Thanks for your feedback in advance.

I am only replying because the information I have is important. When looking at posts like these, it is important to remember this is just an amateur picture. What lens was used? What was the setup to take this picture? Photo lenses have distortion that could be a contributing factor here. Do not take this marked up picture as science or proof.

That all being said, I am not suggesting the OP is wrong, could very well be an issue. But we should not take the photo submission as proof without a complete explanation of the setup, camera and lens used to take the picture. How was the watch lined up? etc..