The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 6:16 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:49 pm 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 0 post
Alright guys I need your expert advice. I had recently dropped my Avenger Skyland off at my AD because the date window started to change at 3 instead of 12 and it was gaining a few minutes every week . At the same time I told the sales girl that the movement seemed like it wasn't winding as smoothly as I had remembered it to? I didn't know if this had anything to do with the problem I was having with the date changing too early? She acknowledge that it needed to be repaired and that she would send it off. I asked her to make a note that I would also like for the watch to be completely polished if it was going back to BUSA and that if they didn't do this service for free that I wouldn't mind being charged. I told her that I had heard good stories of BUSA polishing the watches back to look like new with out being asked to. She took the watch and then I waited for a phone call about 6 weeks later that my watch was ready to be picked up.

When I went to pick up the watch there was a different sales guy helping me than when I dropped it off originally. I immediately noticed that the watch was not given back to me in the notorious black Breitling service case? I questioned him about the case and he acted like it was not usual for Breitling to send the watch back in and if they did to give to the customer? Although I was unhappy to hear this I didn't question him. Before he turned the watch back over to me he wound up the movement, adjusted the date and set the time. Nothing unusual here but I wish I would have done this while I was in the store because I am now noticing that the date still seems to be changing too early? I noticed over the weekend that the date wheel appears to start it's rotation just after the watch turns past 11. This did not seem right to me, and for some reason I think I have read here before that it is ok for the date to start changing around 11:55, but not right after 11? This just does not seem right to me and I am wondering if I should call the AD back to inquire. I am starting to think that maybe the watch was not sent back BUSA. After comparing to my other Breitling watch (SA), the movement still seems like it is not twisting as smoothly and the date changes right around 12 with the Super Avenger? I am wondering why my Skyland would be doing this after making it all the way to BUSA. Is this normal for the date to change this early and how should the smoothness of twisting the movements compare? The polish job on the watch was also not what I was expecting from BUSA but maybe they did not get my request for a complete polish? Maybe I am overreacting but I am starting to think that maybe they did not send my watch back and decided to service themselves and didn't tell me?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:48 pm 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
The 7750 is well known for having a long date change cycle, and it may not change exactly at 12, but keep an eye on it if you are concerned about the winding. You should have a one year warranty on all work aside from the regular warranty.