Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:34 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Newbie questions
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:37 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
I'm looking at the Superocean ii and in searching for images I found that there are at least three watches named Superocean ii with different dials. The first is the current one on the website with full arabic numerals. Another with larger font numbered except for the 3,6 and 9 (A17364) and a third with numerals only at the 6 and 9 positions. Are they all called the Superocean ii? There doesn't seem to be any other names for the others that I've found so far and it just seems a bit confusing.

According to info on the site for the current SO, the 42mm is 500m rated while the 44mm is rated at 1000m and has a helium-release valve. Does that make the 44 a superior watch over the 42, are there any other differences in spec/rating?

How does the rubber insert hold up against SS and ceramic bezels? I read that it's vulcanized so it should be tough but I'm worried about not being able to remove scratches or having it pierced by pointy objects.

I've read some posts on Breitling resale value and the responses always point out, like any brand that isn't Rolex, not to expect too much. I have seen some older Super Ocean models, the same ones I mentioned above being sold to close to what a new one (with discount) costs. Does that mean the older ones are valued more than the current one or maybe the SO maintains a relatively good resale price overall?

Thanks