The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:48 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:16 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
I have a 2009 Breitling Emergency Mission (Chronograph) which I love to use when flying overseas. I recently moved and realized that I didn't update my new address with NOAA. I contacted Breitling and they were very helpful in getting me contacted to NOAA (SARSAT Registration Database Team Member). The Team Member asked me for my 15 Character Beacon ID in order to update my new address. When I looked in my Emergency Mission box I found various numbers (Model, Serial Number, Etc.) However I could not find the paperwork I filled out several years ago that was sent to Breitling and presumably NOAA. I called the jewelry store and they indicated that after the paperwork is mailed to Brietling they get paperwork send back and I was to also have it sent to me. That obviously never happened. Nevertheless where do I find that ID Number? I called Breitling but there off until the new year. It's will hopefully work out one way or the other.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:52 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Did you ever find the answer to this? I have the same question.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:21 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

The answer is I'm still waiting. Apparently there is a lot debate as to who his responsible for holding onto the paperwork. I was dealing with Breitling USA Customer Service in Connecticut and person named Simone Stewart at NOAA. I still haven't gotten a final answer but eventually I'll following up. Very frustrating.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:29 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Theregristration with NOAA for a 2009 Mission is not necessary. What they are referring to is the ID code for EPIRBs that squawk on the new satellite system, and the new Emergency would be applicable to that registration becUse it does that as well as broadcast a signal on 121.5 MHz. The older models only broadcast on 121.5 MHz. The only “registration” for the older models is more or less disclaimer for Breitling that you are aware that setting an older model off is on you- not them. There is an ongoing confusion regarding the new vs the old Emergencies- whether the old are still “valid”. The 121.5 MHz freq can be dialed into any aviation radio and homed in on. This is why the new Emergency models include it.