The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:48 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:39 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 0 post
I just bought a 2001 Wings Lady (A67350) for my wife and the bezel turns freely in each direction. It's a unidirectional ratcheting, so the first owner probably turned it the wrong direction. I took the bezel off and sure enough, the little tab on the bezel spring is broken off.

I checked with a few of the local dealers and they all told me it would have to go to a service center. So I called a few that have maintained my three, and they all wanted me to send it in. C'mon!! It's literally a five minute repair and I don't want to incur the cost of insured shipping and service to do a job that's already more than halfway finished. It's not like it's the movement or anything inside--it's part of accessorial piece that people switch out all the time. I would feel like a hillbilly using JB Weld on a Breitling, but maybe some silver solder to hold the spring in place wouldn't be as bad?? If it comes down to a couple hundred bucks, no way am I paying to send it in as she's not going to rotate it anyway.

Anybody have any suggestions for a place that might be able to get me this super simple part?? Please email/PM to keep it confidential. Thanks for the help!!

If nothing else, anybody have a part number?? Thx.