Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:12 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: SuperOcean Rotated Dial
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:31 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
Went to put this on the other day and noticed the dial had rotated. It's been around the world with me, but has never been dropped... but even if it had, I would still expect things like this to stay in place. I searched for rotated dials online and came across a few Breitlings that have had this same issue (one instance on this site). I get a one-off situation, but multiple instances of this? Serious BS.. Someone on this site mentioned selling theirs "as is" because the price to send it in would not be worth it. I'm not sure what to do with this now. Does anyone have any suggestions? Sell it? Fix it? If fix, what would you think the repair would be? And how is something so messed up not automatically covered by Breitling? I own two right now, but do not see myself buying another., unless their customer service department somehow makes it up to me. Thanks for any help.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:38 pm 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
The dial feet have broken off, Breitling will probably tell you it needs a new dial which would make it a four figure fix with the mandatory service. Can't tell you what you should do.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:07 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
Yikes, thanks anyway. We have a Breitling boutique here. They're probably salivating already, awaiting my arrival.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:48 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 48 posts
thenotoriousrob wrote:
Yikes, thanks anyway. We have a Breitling boutique here. They're probably salivating already, awaiting my arrival.

I think you could have a claim under the "not fit for purpose" rule. I find it amazing that a design defect like this would not be covered outside of normal warranty.

It would be interesting to hear the Breitling dealer/service centre's comments and if unfavourable I would seek legal advice assuming you purchased it new.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:09 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 1 post
Same thing has just happened to mine last night, didn't drop it or anything else out of the ordinary.The watch always ran 7 seconds slow, i could handle that, but i am totally shocked that the watch i saved up for, my first proper watch, is worthless after just 4 years.
I am going to my local AD tomorrow, see what they say. Will let you know.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:12 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Well the AD said i had dropped it and it needed to be sent for service. This will cost about 600 pounds. Of course it was never dropped.
I didn't send it in, i flipped it at a 50% loss and bought a GS. I lost confidence in the brand.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:02 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 48 posts
Skandyandy wrote:
Well the AD said i had dropped it and it needed to be sent for service. This will cost about 600 pounds. Of course it was never dropped.
I didn't send it in, i flipped it at a 50% loss and bought a GS. I lost confidence in the brand.

I fully understand your loss of confidence in the brand, did the AD even speak to BUK about this as it would seem to be a weak point of that watch?

Glad you have got a new time piece, hope you are happy with it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:15 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Thanks Arcam
No he never contacted our local service centre, which is in Sweden, he just opened the warranty book to point out to me that it had run out.
I can't afford a collection of watches, so i need to rotate. Really happy with my new watch, so i am not bitter about it, and too watch obsessed to ignore Breitling in the future. :roll: :twisted:

Arcam likes this post.