Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:00 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:25 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 0 post
Hi-

I took ownership of what appears to be a brand new, old stock, black dial Emergency Mission. It's beautiful, and I have wanted one for years, never believing I would find one in this condition.

* All paperwork appears to be complete.
* All paperwork is blank, including the warranty booklet.
* There is not so much as a nick, scratch, or crease on the watch, paperwork, manual, DVD, or case.
* It includes some type of electronic Breitling card- not sure what that is.
* It was purchased off the Internet by a reputable purveyor of collector watches, that stated it was part of a stock buyout of a jewelry store and has been in storage..

The blank paperwork seems to indicate this is what is referred to as a "grey market" timepiece.

My main questions are how to get this in good graces with Breitling for service? Even though it is "new", I'm sure tiny gaskets could use changing after ten years. I understand Breitling likes these things registered by an AD. I'm a pilot, and fully understand that Breitling wants the paperwork sent in to indemnify themselves.

Thoughts?

Brahma

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:08 pm 
Contributing Connoisseur
Contributing Connoisseur

Liked in: 1005 posts
Just go to an AD, they can help you send it for service or you could send it yourself and they will
Send you an estimate depending on what needs to be done and what is optional Such as polishing or refinishing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:17 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

That is what I did- took it to an AD today. Took all the paperwork and the watch. They said I needed to call Breitling and have it registered with them via the transmitter registration form, and that should trigger getting it into Breitling's system. The AD and I both commented on the blank forms being Italian, and we surmise this Mission was intended to be sold overseas- would this be correct? Also, there is some sort of electronic warranty card that displayed "Warranty Not Activated". The AD stated that these types of cards weren't available and not included with the Mission when they were still available. Hmmmm.....

Thoughts?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:27 pm 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
AD is correct. Digital warranty cards were introduced after the Mission was discontinued. Transmitter form being in Italian likely means the watch was originally issued to an Italian AD but that's not particularly relevant to anything.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:51 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Roffensian wrote:
AD is correct. Digital warranty cards were introduced after the Mission was discontinued. Transmitter form being in Italian likely means the watch was originally issued to an Italian AD but that's not particularly relevant to anything.

Thank you. Do you have any production information about the Mission model? Also, where can I get a US form?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:07 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
Breitling don't reveal production numbers if that's what you're asking. A US AD should be able to supply / source an English language form, or contact BUSA in CT.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:20 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Roffensian wrote:
Breitling don't reveal production numbers if that's what you're asking. A US AD should be able to supply / source an English language form, or contact BUSA in CT.

Breitling makes it hard to be an interested fan.

Ok, thanks!