Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:06 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:06 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
Hi all
I have an Old Navitimer with a blue dial that somehow sadly has been quite badly scratched (can only have happened in a service, the last of which was done overseas before I moved back to UK some years ago).

I want to change the dial and would quite like white as I don't have another white dial watch. I've found a dial, white with beige subdials. It's only the dial that's available not the slide rule bezel and I've a slight concern that there might be a colour mismatch.

First query - Does anyone know if there were different white/off-white colours in the outer slide rule moving bezel or is there only one ?

Secondly, I need someone (ideally in London, but midlands might also be OK) to change the dial for me and ideally service the watch at the same time. In the context that the watch is likely worth £2,500 max, a £1000+ service at Breitling is off the table. Recommendations welcomed.

Thanks

Post subject: Dial change
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:43 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Previously posted in help section with no responses so thought I'd try here

Hi all
I have an Old Navitimer with a blue dial that somehow sadly has been quite badly scratched (can only have happened in a service, the last of which was done overseas before I moved back to UK some years ago).

I want to change the dial and would quite like white as I don't have another white dial watch. I've found a dial, white with beige subdials. It's only the dial that's available not the slide rule bezel and I've a slight concern that there might be a colour mismatch.

First query - Does anyone know if there were different white/off-white colours in the outer slide rule moving bezel or is there only one ?

Secondly, I need someone (ideally in London, but midlands might also be OK) to change the dial for me and ideally service the watch at the same time. In the context that the watch is likely worth £2,500 max, a £1000+ service at Breitling is off the table. Recommendations welcomed.

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Dial change
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:20 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
Mattjevans wrote:

Great, gives me a chance to merge your duplicate threads. Please don't double post. I suspect you have no replies because no one knows of an unauthorised watchmaker with access to genuine parts. Further a dial change done outside of Breitling will destroy any value the watch does have as it can never be supported by Breitling again - they'll either refuse to work on it or restore the original dial at owner's cost.

Post subject: Re: Dial change
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:49 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Roffensian wrote:
Mattjevans wrote:

Great, gives me a chance to merge your duplicate threads. Please don't double post. I suspect you have no replies because no one knows of an unauthorised watchmaker with access to genuine parts. Further a dial change done outside of Breitling will destroy any value the watch does have as it can never be supported by Breitling again - they'll either refuse to work on it or restore the original dial at owner's cost.

Ok thanks for the input. I don't need anyone with access to parts, I can source the dial myself as there are many available. I am also not concerned about the future value (the watch is close to worthless, max value £2000) nor about whether Breitling will work on it in future. All I'm trying to do is make a boring watch interesting enough to bother to wear