The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:28 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:11 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 0 post
Hi, I am new to the forum and very recently purcahsed a Bentley 6.75. I purchased the watch second hand and the warranty has expired. Original purchase was in Aug 2006. My concern is the left side date mecahnism seems loose. It does not allign perfectly with the right side and will actully shift slightly based on how you hold the watch. This is very disheartening and unexpected for such an expensive watch. Has anyone else experienced this with dual date window breitling?

Thanks for the help!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:39 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
Jibba wrote:
Hi, I am new to the forum and very recently purcahsed a Bentley 6.75. I purchased the watch second hand and the warranty has expired. Original purchase was in Aug 2006. My concern is the left side date mecahnism seems loose. It does not allign perfectly with the right side and will actully shift slightly based on how you hold the watch. This is very disheartening and unexpected for such an expensive watch. Has anyone else experienced this with dual date window breitling?

Thanks for the help!

Hi and welcome.

The two date wheels are very very slightly offset anyway, but there is no way the wheel should move depending on how you hold the watch. I'd suggest taking it to an AD, but if it needs to back back to Breitling for a minor repair, you will probably be looking at a full service which is not that cheap.

Unfortunately that is the problem you have with buying second hand - you don't know the history of it. :? However, if you can run to a full service, you will get the watch back in brand new condition! :thumbsup:

Site Moderator

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:17 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Driver 8, Thanks for the info. How much does a full service (US) cost and about how long will I be without the watch?

Is it possible this could be fixed by a Breitling certified technician at my local AD?

Thanks Again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:11 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 1 post
Do you have the paperwork for this watch? Are you certain it's authentic? I don't mean to offend you, it's just that we have seen a good number of replicas out there that are frighteningly close to their authentic counterparts :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:30 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

I am fairly certain of its authenticity. It came with the inner and outer boxes, Manual, warranty card, slide rule, extra links and yellow breitling tag. The serial number on the watch back matches the one on the paperwork. I have handled several authentic wathces at the AD as well as some replicas and think this to be genuine. I am planning to take the watch to the AD this week for further verification. The person gave me a 30 day (word of mouth) warranty. I may find out out good his word is. :shock:

Here is the link that i saw the watch:
[url]
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0276599822[/url]

Since we are both from charlotte, i was able to meet him and purchase the watch in peson.

Thanks[url][/url]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:36 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
Jibba wrote:
Driver 8, Thanks for the info. How much does a full service (US) cost and about how long will I be without the watch?

Is it possible this could be fixed by a Breitling certified technician at my local AD?

Thanks Again.

I'm not sure on the cost in the US, but here in the UK, my Bentley Le Mans cost around £500 or so if I remember rightly. It can take anything up to 5 weeks, so you should budget for being without it for that long.

Again, I'm not sure about the US, but most minor internal repairs in the UK (even just a simple regulation) seem to be being referred back to Breitling UK. :?

Site Moderator

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:48 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 1 post
Considering the price you picked it up for, even if you must get it serviced through BUSA you are still making out OK. See if the seller would be willing to split the costs with you. That might be a more desirable option for him than taking it back and having to re-list it.