The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:56 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:08 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
Hello all, I am a huge fan of this site and been using it for research for a long time but am a new member and this is my first post. I have been very impressed with the level of knowledge and expertise on here and hope for your help.

I just bought a pre owned Chronomat 44 model AB0110 with the on house 01 movement.
When I opened the box the watch was working and keeping time already.
I noticed that the stopwatch was moving. When I went to stop it, the push button did nothing. I am not able to stop the stop watch function or reset it. Additionally on occasion when I press the top push button it causes the minute counter to jump backwards by 1 minute. It does not do this all of the time but probably 40-50% of the time it does. It feels also like the push buttons do not feel the same when pressing them, I am not sure if they are supposed to or not but be bottom pusher feels like there is no spring in it at all.

I bought this from Truefacet.com who got it from an AD, Yamron Jewelers in Naples FL. It came with box and papers and electronic warranty card and everything. The lifting said it was in excellent condition and had no problems.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? What is so strange is that the stop watch is on and cannot turn it off. I thought maybe it was a fake but I took it to a local AD and they confirmed it to be real.

Any thought or advice is greatly appreciated! Thank you.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:36 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
Would not expect any resistance in the bottom pusher when the chronograph is running so that's not an issue. If top pusher isn't working / working incorrectly then it needs service attention. No telling why the watch was sold to the grey market dealer but I would be looking for a refund.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:42 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
Thank you so much for your reply! The place I bought it through is offering me to send it back and they will send it into Breitling for service and cover any cost of there is any. Should I not even both with them doing that and request a refund or go with it? I got a great deal on it and was shopping for months before I found this one for this price point which is why I am hesitant on getting a refund at this point but at the same time I do not want to be a constant problem even if it gets fixed.
From the research I have done, based on the serial number it was release in 2014 and is on great condition. The strange thing is that the warranty is effective as of 5/31/16. I am not sure why that would be... Would it be fair to assume that the warranty is invalid? Thank you!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:09 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
Well serial numbers are random so you can't date from that. Watch may have only just been sold or there could be something else going on. I wouldn't trust a non AD online dealer to send it to Breitling and swallow the life tial cost if the warranty isn't honored. I also question that the watch is in "great condition" given that it isn't working. A great deal on a broken watch that wasn't declared as broken is t a great deal and I wouldn't want my money anywhere near it, especially from a grey market dealer.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:45 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 71 posts
Roffensian wrote:
Well serial numbers are random so you can't date from that. Watch may have only just been sold or there could be something else going on. I wouldn't trust a non AD online dealer to send it to Breitling and swallow the life tial cost if the warranty isn't honored. I also question that the watch is in "great condition" given that it isn't working. A great deal on a broken watch that wasn't declared as broken is t a great deal and I wouldn't want my money anywhere near it, especially from a grey market dealer.

Completely in agreement with Roff on this. I would be surprised if a grey dealer would send it to Breitling, though you could make it a condition that you saw the Breitling paperwork in due course. But given the other aspects to this sale I'd want my money back, just for the peace of mind.