Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:09 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 5:15 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 14 posts
Wanna ask your help mates:
I plan to give my daughters a Breitling for their 18th birthday, a Breitling that was made and/or delivered during the 9 months when my wife was expectant with them. My choice is a Chronomat, even better a Blackbird. My daughters were born on 2000-09-26 and 2002-10-10, so I'd need watches (to take it simple) from the period between 01.01. and 09.30 of 2000 and 01.01. and 09.30. of 2002.
How can I make sure about a Chronomat/Blackbird that they were made during those periods? Can case number help us? Despite I plan to buy them on bracelet, unfortunately bracelet engravings will not help as they are not necessarily from the same time interval with the watch. Even warranty card dating cannot help because watches rest at AD-s sometimes for quite a time.
If case numbers can give orientation, I'd be extremely glad if someone expert could put here the proper case numbers of the beginnings and ends of those 2x9 months.
The other question is if Breitling already used Luminova during the mentioned period of yr 2000 or some Tritium dials and hands can still appear? (I think that only Luminova was delivered then but not sure and the Chronolog 2000 does not mention.
With Chronometer certification I'm sure yr 2000 is already "inside" the 100% COSC Breitlings. Not sure about the fully decorated "TOP" 7750-s, but almost sure. 2002 is more secure regarding movement decoration and Luminova.
I have lots of Breitling catalogs/Chronologs but year 2002 is missing. I'd be glad if someone could give or sell me one, possibly in English or German, with Germany or Austria price list. I'm sure I can offer a trade too.
I have plenty of time to buy those two Blackbirds but (for a good price) as a very good condition Blackbird from the mentioned periods must be rare (and I wanna buy them on bracelet, full sets) I have to begin to look at the sources in time.

Thanks in advance for every useful input!

Best regards from beautiful Budapest,
Robert

For sale: Sinn 356 II, Porsche Design Titan Chrono Valjoux
Wanted: Breitling Blackbird 13353 on bracelet

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 5:19 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
All Luminova, but no way to know for sure unless you can persuade Breitling to tell you based on serial number. Case manufacture date is readily available and most models had it by 2000 (including Chronomat I believe), but that's not the same as watch manufacture date. Many threads on case dating and this article - http://www.breitlingsource.com/articles_dating.shtml

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 11:28 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 14 posts
Thx Roff, partly solved my problem. Will work on it anyway.
Best,
Robert

For sale: Sinn 356 II, Porsche Design Titan Chrono Valjoux
Wanted: Breitling Blackbird 13353 on bracelet