The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:08 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:39 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
I have had my Colt Chronograph Automatic for 1 1/2 mos. On 11/30, i set it to the second against my iphone. Today (30 days later) it is exactly 4 mins slow. that comes out to 8 sec/day slow. I take it off at night and have not wound it at all for the month.

Questions:

- Does not wearing if for 6-8 hrs a night affect accuracy? ive also heard winding it a couple times a month helps too.

- Should I take it back to AD to send it to be adjusted since it falls out of the COSC perimeters of -4/6+ per day?

- Can automatic watches be tweaked (say like a clock)?

- Or is this with in the tolerance of other Brietling Colt owners.

I know automatics are not quartz' and I do not expect the accuracy of a quartz. I would hope to be only 2-3 min off a month.

thanks!

Last edited by Bwilger on Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:18 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
Taking the watch off at night can affect rate depending on the position you leave it in - dial up will tend to run faster than crown up. The amount of reserve can also affect rate, watches with lower reserve tend to run faster. However, there are also numerous other factors that can affect rate and the watch should be regulated from Breitling to compensate for them all to within COSC specs of losing 4 and gaining 6 seconds per day. Your watch is outside of those specs currently, but it is still adjusting to you and your wear pattern which will take some time to settle the rate. If it is still outside of COSC at the end of January I would ask an AD with a watchmaker to regulate it for you.

Welcome to BreitlingSource.

Hunterfate likes this post.
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:28 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
Thanks. I didnt know the that other factors such as temperature, humidity and position affects accuracy. Nor did I know watches have a break in period. I'll try winding once a week and see if that helps. But thanks for confirming that 8 sec/day is out of the COSC tolerance. I'll take it in after January if its still out of the COSC specs.