It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:51 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Cockpit B50 problem
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:05 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
Hi
I bought a new Cockpit B50 a little over 2 weeks ago and really like the look and feel of it and the way it sits on my wrist. I have set all of the functions to use little power and am surprised at how little the battery is going down. It is very easy to change the contents of the 2 digital displays, almost too easy so I lock the display (3 presses of the crown) on my favoured display (top one showing the day of week and the bottom one the date).

However after being like this for a number of hours the screen display randomly changes to another function (say the alarm function) - I thought that I may have accidentally unlocked the display (can't imagine how) so test to see if I can change function on the crown but no, it confirms that it is locked.

Has anyone else come across this - am I being stupid or do I just take the watch back. Any advice gratefully received.

Clive

Post subject: Re: Cockpit B50 problem
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:43 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
Welcome to BreitlingSource.

Take a look through the search function and you will find a huge number of B50 issues - including some you probably haven't experienced yet. I would take it back given the problems with this model.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:25 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

After reading this forum and other related B50 posts I think I'll send mine in for repair. I bought it in March and its been a challenge since day 1. My battery lasts less than a week and I've turned off tilt, shortened display time and reduced brightness to save power. The biggest problem is than if I'm out of town and don't have my charger it goes dead. The fun begins when trying to get the hands to show the proper time again. UTC is set, I do the sync, but still no joy. Sometimes it will reset but today I can't get it right. I always have to get the manual out to reset the time if I'm lucky. Looks like I need a new battery.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:13 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 10 posts
Yes...as others suggested, loads of info and I've been reading too. Mine is 2 weeks old but the transit through supplier and through customs took a couple of months. And the production week is 34th week of 2014. Unable to trace back if it's been through any sort of a repair even before it left the supplier but then anyone you speak to outside this forum are only surprised to hear of anything like this..

The supplier double confirmed that the watch is untouched and that him charging it before shipping is out of question. So, I assume my watch after manufacture has been sitting from a 100% charge since Sep last year and it dropped to 42% when I received it on July 30th.

Now, in my case for e.g., It's been working fine except for the charge display which hasn't reduced below 100 in the last 8 days. I use it very less because of my collection but then, common'! All I'm asking is a 1% drop!! It's definitely an issue, be it a faster discharge rate or an unusually less discharge rate.. :poke:

One more user reported the same problem as me, who eventually got his replaced. But then, these issues seem to be varied with all B50 users worldwide, by what I can read and understand.

Anyways, good luck. Hopefully these issues will be history for all users by this year end...enuf is enuf!

pEaCe :lingsrock:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:50 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 3 posts
Mine went back as the charge would steadily drop, but then increase in charge percentage. Not aware of a battery charging itself!! It would also steadily drop to around 30% and then to 20% in less than a day...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:53 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Hi
I returned the watch to my AD this week and he has ordered a new one for me -apparently the watch has to be returned to Switzerland for repair.
I am wondering if the new one will be OK and if Breitling have sorted out the problems with new shipments and that the posts that I have seen with all of these problems relate to earlier shipments - any ideas?
Clive

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:36 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

I did get the hand to show the proper time after doing the sync and then manually moving them to show the same as the bottom display as stated in the manual. Problem is that every time the thing goes dead I need to go through the same procedure. Charged it last night but will probably be dead again by Monday when I get home. I'll drop it off then at the AD. Mine was dead when I bought it so who knows how long it was on the shelf before I showed up. They really didn't know much about it in the store.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:11 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Glad I read this thread. Had been looking at an Evo, but then thought I might step up my game and look at the B50, but not anymore. To bad too. This thing is sick. Thanks everyone

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:04 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Just a follow up. I sent my watch away for repair and got it back in about 7 weeks. It had to go back to the factory for repair. All fixed, works great, no problems now. THANKS

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:58 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 4 posts
If you get a Cockpit today are there still issues with batteries and other stuff?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:06 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 36 posts
Stefan N wrote:
If you get a Cockpit today are there still issues with batteries and other stuff?

There are no issues with the batteries. Is just I found that battery life of the caliber 78 SQ movement used in this watches tends to be poor if you use the backlighting and alarm often.

I used to have an Airwolf and the battery barely lasted 2 years. Each trip back to Breitling for a battery service was $200. Loved the watch but sold it and bought a B50 as I find the rechargeable battery is the step in the right direction for this type of timepiece.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:54 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 14 posts
My B50 dates to about April 2016 and I have no issues except that my battery life is somewhat non linear. Battery lasts a very long time but when it gets to about 35% it dies very quickly. I get several months out of a charge, so this is not really an issue in daily use. The other problem, and I may take it in for service for this, is that once set to the atomic clock app on my phone, it will quickly lose 5 seconds and will stay there without losing any other time. I cannot figure that out and have tried several different apps, all with the same result. other than those two things, it is the best travel watch that I have ever owned. My last B1 kept better time but this is lighter and slightly larger.