Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:12 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Parts?
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:59 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
I've owned a NAVITIMER for about 15 years; at the time I bought it it was about $1,500. It was a great watch for the first 7 or 8 years or so. After my first official Breitling service (and at least two subsequent service "experiences"), things have gone down hill. I've not abused the watch in any way (work in a office). In the years since I've started sending it in to them for service, here's just a list of the things that have gone wrong:

-- electronic display time and minute hand time have diverged by a few minutes. Never was able to resolve without sending it in for them to manually re-synch .. I assume by removing and replacing the hands (new ones for a $100 or so)

-- minute hand actually fell off inside the watch after the above repair.

-- electronic alarm ceased to function. After repair by B, it can't be heard at all unless your ear is 2 inches from the watch.

-- setting the watch became impossible -- stem would not press, stem would not turn

-- rotating bezel fell off after a repair cycle with B. Fortunately I heard it hit the floor and snapped it back in place, tightened the little screws. A few weeks later
it fell off again [didn't know it this time] and is now lost.

Over the years, I think I've spent as much or more on Breitling service than I ever spent on the watch to start with.

I like the watch, but am unwilling to invest $300++ dollars per service incident with Breitling. They suggest that they will put the watch 'back to new' condition (less cosmetic repairs, which are $$$$$$ extra) each time I send it in....but it only goes further and further downhill each time.

Any suggestions? Anyone know where you can get the rotating bezel from a source other than Breitling? Maybe a jeweler or independent repair service that has a pile of B parts just waiting for a loving home?

Post subject: Re: Parts?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:53 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 3 posts
I think it's really unlikely you (or an independent watch repairer) will be able to source the parts you need for the repair. Breitling don't seem to make parts available other than through them.

Some parts do crop up on EBay, but they are normally expensive. Sending it to Breitling for repair is probably your only option I'm afraid, unless anyone on here has any better suggestions?