The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:29 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:40 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
I have recently purchased a Montbrillant (a48330) and it seems to be loosing quite a lot of time. In the past 3 hours it has lost around 6 seconds. Is this something that could be sorted by being regulated or would it require more work?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:05 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
Well a regulation would adjust the time loss, although 48 seconds a day is a lot for that kind of adjustment. What a regulation won't do is address the issue of why it is losing so much time. It's more than likely that the watch is in need of a service and the slow rate is caused by a worn out mainspring and / or a loss of lubrication in the running train.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:21 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Thank you for your reply. It did seem an awful lot of time to me.

I plan on taking it into my Breitling dealer on Monday to let them take a look at it. Does it sound like it may have to go back to Breitling to be serviced or is it something that could possibly be fixed locally?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:24 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
If your AD has a Breitling authorised watchmaker then he or she can do a basic service, otherwise it's going to a service centre.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:29 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 10 posts
Roffensian wrote:
If your AD has a Breitling authorised watchmaker then he or she can do a basic service, otherwise it's going to a service centre.

We have a 'Breitling Approved' watchmaker/service centre with one of my fairly local AD's - however i'm not sure I'd now trust them to perform a mechanical service as it transpires when my Aerospace Avantage with Co-Pilot went in for a battery change (both modules), it was given over to the 'apprentice' who fitted the wrong batteries. The main watch failed immediately as each time it was tapped on the side, it would 'reboot', however the co-pilot (which I was assured DID have the correct cell fitted) failed after 7 months, went back in and THAT had the wrong battery fitted too! Worrying from an 'Approved' service centre and obviously zero QC.

I enquired about sending my SO in to BUK for a full overhaul and they said they would 'prefer' their in-house watchmaker to do the work. I declined :roll: BUK will get it in the autumn to work their magic (hopefully).

Had
2013 Avenger Seawolf SS yellow Arabic dial
2010 Aerospace Avantage black dial & Co-pilot
2007 Aerospace Repetition Minutes
2003 Superocean
2001 Chronospace

jfdomega likes this post.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:25 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

I had a similar issue with my Bentley Motors. I brought it to the Breitling Boutique in NYC and they sent it to the US Headquarters in Wilton, CT. The issue with my watch was that the prongs that make the movement move had a few broken or disconnected. It was a quick fix; took maybe a week or two (granted my status at the store got it expedited). I would bring it to an AD or a boutique and have them look everything over.

Best of luck!

:lingsrock:

Breitling Chrono Colt

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 8:03 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

vulcanpilot wrote:
Roffensian wrote:

We have a 'Breitling Approved' watchmaker/service centre with one of my fairly local AD's - however i'm not sure I'd now trust them to perform a mechanical service as it transpires when my Aerospace Avantage with Co-Pilot went in for a battery change (both modules), it was given over to the 'apprentice' who fitted the wrong batteries. The main watch failed immediately as each time it was tapped on the side, it would 'reboot', however the co-pilot (which I was assured DID have the correct cell fitted) failed after 7 months, went back in and THAT had the wrong battery fitted too! Worrying from an 'Approved' service centre and obviously zero QC.

I enquired about sending my SO in to BUK for a full overhaul and they said they would 'prefer' their in-house watchmaker to do the work. I declined :roll: BUK will get it in the autumn to work their magic (hopefully).

this sort of incompetence really angers me. the watch should have been checked before returning it to the customer. i had a similar experience with omega, i had to have the winder/stem/tube replaced on my omega seamaster professional 300m. when it came back the crown would not screw down properly. now my question is how could they have performed a water/pressure test and not noticed the crown unable to screw down. obviously they did not do a test. and believe it or not this happened not once but twice! with the same watch. long story short, the tube had a crack in it. nobody noticed it. took them three attempts before they fixed it. so much for QC. i lost a lot of respect for omega after that experience. :soapbox: rant over.