The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 10:52 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:48 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
So, I have the yellow Superocean Professional. I bought it a year ago on the 'bay for about 1k -- great value for such a superb watch, albeit, I believe this watch was about 10 yrs old when I bought it.

(It's the same exact model referred to here: forums.watchuseek.com/f15/relative-rarity-yellow-dial-brushed-sop-448151.html )

Now, my only complaint -- the bracelet has too much "give" (play?)... no matter how tight or how loose it is, I just can't get comfortable with it. I think it's purely a matter of age -- the bracelet is 10 years old and simply will never be as tight as when it was new.

Meanwhile I am liking the look of rubber straps on divers... plus they are less expensive... so I think it's time for me to get my first rubber strap!

A few questions...

1) Anyone know what size of strap will fit this watch? 20mm ? 22mm ?

2) Is the official Breitling one recommended? I can find it for a few hundred on the 'bay ... I do like that it's Breitling-made but that doesn't seem like a great value...

3) Any other recommended rubber strap brands / models? I don't mind paying good money if the strap is very high quality. My objection to buying the official Breitling isn't just the price alone, but I am guessing a very very high quality rubber strap could be had for $50-100?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:04 pm 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
Straps for the SuperOcean Professional are 20/18.

You can buy rubber straps just as cheap from an AD as on eBay, in fact you can buy them cheaper than the fakes on eBay.

It won't cost you a few hundred for the strap - they are under a hundred, it's the deployant clasp that adds to the cost (used on the Ocean Racer and option on the Diver Pro II). The tang buckle (used on Diver Pro and option on the Diver Pro II) is only $25.