The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:04 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:45 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 0 post
Hello every one! How to remove the pins from the bracelet? I know this question might sound dumb, but I’ve tried to push out the pins without damaging the inner thread without luck :?

By the way for the guys been looking for a good source for Bergeon tools in U.S., try the following store www.ottofrei.com . I just bought a 1.6mm Bergeon screw driver from them, great service and good price.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:52 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
homer wrote:
Hello every one! How to remove the pins from the bracelet? I know this question might sound dumb, but I’ve tried to push out the pins without damaging the inner thread without luck :?

By the way for the guys been looking for a good source for Bergeon tools in U.S., try the following store http://www.ottofrei.com . I just bought a 1.6mm Bergeon screw driver from them, great service and good price.

Well technically www.ottofrei.com is the jewellery arm, www.ofrei.com is the watchmaking supplies.

If you have successfully removed the screw then I'm assuming that it's stray loctite that's stopping you from being able to remove the pins.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:56 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Roffensian wrote:
homer wrote:

By the way for the guys been looking for a good source for Bergeon tools in U.S., try the following store http://www.ottofrei.com . I just bought a 1.6mm Bergeon screw driver from them, great service and good price.

Well technically http://www.ottofrei.com is the jewellery arm, http://www.ofrei.com is the watchmaking supplies.

If you have successfully removed the screw then I'm assuming that it's stray loctite that's stopping you from being able to remove the pins.

Yes, the screws have been removed. I have tried to push the pin out with paper clip :roll: However, the pin wouldn't budge!

Thanks for the correction. You are correct about the watchmaking supplies.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:58 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Do you have a spring bar tool - try the round end of that.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:05 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Yes sir, I have a spring bar tool and I will try to push the pin out with it. Keep you posted on the result.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:53 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

You are removing both screws on the link aren't you? The pin is a part of a complete link. In order to remove the pin the entire link has to be taken out which means both screws in the link need to be removed.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:19 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

br549 wrote:
You are removing both screws on the link aren't you? The pin is a part of a complete link. In order to remove the pin the entire link has to be taken out which means both screws in the link need to be removed.

Didn't even consider that option - sorry should have asked a better set of questions.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:17 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Thank you guys! I successfully resized the links, and swaped the Diver strap out for the bracelet! Man, installing the bracelet was not easy. Scratched up the inner horns during the process. I had to drag the end links to line up the pin and the hole on the horn. Does any body have tips or tricks that will help me remove/install the bracelet without sratch up the inner horns? I have a custom leather strap from Rob Montana on the way, that I want to install. Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:02 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

homer wrote:
Thank you guys! I successfully resized the links, and swaped the Diver strap out for the bracelet! Man, installing the bracelet was not easy. Scratched up the inner horns during the process. I had to drag the end links to line up the pin and the hole on the horn. Does any body have tips or tricks that will help me remove/install the bracelet without sratch up the inner horns? I have a custom leather strap from Rob Montana on the way, that I want to install. Thanks!

Try and get both sides of the bracelet inbetween the lugs first and then just ease each side down.

You can also try putting tape over the lugs in case the tool slips.