Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat

It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:39 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: need info on 812 GMT
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:26 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
my second post so go easy. Bought my very first bling and received in mail today, was a gamble as the seller was not able to remove the case so I never got to see the movement before I shelled out.
Was going to have to have this sent straight to my watchmaker, decided I would try my much researched then 1 minute build, custom made stuck case back removal tool. Super glue and a big steel nut, wallah!! it works!! Bit of a hold your breath moment as the final threads were released, would I have a rusted out guts??, would I have any other movement but the 72-4?? whew, shiny and clean and yep its a 72-4. Yeah I know you guys think she's rough round the edges, well she might be but hey she's mine and she's my first. I do have a pretty flash replacement tritium dial to replace the old one but really for a late 60 girl I think its holding reasonable form.
Ok then where can I find a good resource for info on the 812 GMT, I have already scoured the www and theres not really much on offer, hoping some of the wise folk here or those that have done a restoration could help me out, I am a but of a research addict, Its just the way I am.
Forgot to add even though the chrono starts and stops sharply and returns to perfect position, how do I adjust the GMT hand, I figure its stuck as it moves when setting the hours and minutes, does the crown have one single position or two for setting? How do you set the GMT hand? The crown is unsigned so pretty sure its not original, also what's that black dot for on the left side of the case?, can't be helium release these are not water resist are they?

Attachment:
DSC_01741.jpg

Attachment:
DSC_01771.jpg

Attachment:
DSC_01781.jpg

Attachment:
DSC_01751.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.