It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:06 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:05 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
hallam wrote:
Roffensian wrote:
Well it needs some watchmaker care and attention after all this time anyway, and no real risk as the crystal will also need to be replaced. We have a member here - chronodeco (Craig) who might be able to help you out on the service / restoration.

Thanks for help with the photo upload. Works a treat.

Yes it is a bit grubby on the outside, but nothing that a little soap wouldn't cure. I guess sitting there for 25 years doing nothing is bound to attract a little gunge. As I said the watch mechanism seems to be fine but a new glass wouldn't go amiss. Do you have a contact for Craig?

Just pm chronodeco (click on new messages, compose message, type his username in the box top left and click Add To).

I wouldn't run it much right now, the oils will long ago have broken down and you don't want to risk damaging it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:27 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 0 post
Quote:
whats a reasonable price for 100% correct toptime?

i know you can say what the market will pay but what i am asking is what the vintage kings would pay?

There are big big differents between in the Top Time series, also in the price:

The first Modell of Top Time serie is the very rare Top Time 765 with the AOPA dial and Venus 178 calibre, this is the rarest and most expensive Top Time,
later modells of Top Time 765 have the dial with "B" BREITLING GENEVE.
ImageImage
It exist also two variations with rotating becel, it is the Top Time 1765 and 7656, but real rare items.the first most expensive with Venus 178 calibre
ImageImage
the other cheaper with Valjoux7736
ImageImage

After this serie comes the Top Time 810. also with Venus 178, and the rare variation with the 24 h dial, modell 810-24, later 824.
also a cheaper version of 810 with valjoux 7736

Later also came this Top Time in cushion shape case, also with calibre Venus 178, reference 814, also a rare modell
ImageImage
Not to forget the Top Time 815, its not market with Top Time, but it is the same style with Valjoux 7736
ImageImage
All this Top Time's have 3 subdials with 12 hours dial at 6 o'clock

Than the cheaper Top Tim's beginn with reference 2000 , till 2014 beginn with the Venus 175 with 2 subdials, later also Venus 188 and valjoux 7730, they come in round or cushion shape cases.
ImageImage
The latest an cheapest one have the Valjoux 7733

There are big differences in quality and rarity of the different modells, therefore also in the prices till 1000 %.

best regards

Michael M.

Last edited by breitlingmuseum on Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:01 am 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Heres my top time bought recently it has had a service and clean up and I am hoping to collect it this week and post some new pics up of it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:34 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Ok I took a punt on the top time posted. I spoke to the seller who seemed like a good bloke and got the last service details etc emailed over so gave it a go. Just got it back from a friend who took it to Hatton garden and got someone to look at it ( he is a Jewler there ) and it looks like it has paid of thankfully.

I have the original paper work and it is spotless. I paid £720 for it.

what do you all think Riped off or in the money?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:34 pm 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Gonzo wrote:
Ok I took a punt on the top time posted. I spoke to the seller who seemed like a good bloke and got the last service details etc emailed over so gave it a go. Just got it back from a friend who took it to Hatton garden and got someone to look at it ( he is a Jewler there ) and it looks like it has paid of thankfully.

I have the original paper work and it is spotless. I paid £720 for it.

what do you all think Riped off or in the money?

The one above I paid next to nothing for but I was lucky there are a few around that price so that may be the going rate but its better if you can get them around the £400 - £600 mark I guess but if your happy then thats all that matters