The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Mon Jun 03, 2024 5:49 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:08 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 0 post
Quote:
As I said elsewhere this morning, I must be more conservative.

This is not conservative, but its only "negativ", also if you dont know the watch, you say, its a fake. Why you dont say conservativ and neutral and say: "I dont know it" ?

Quote:
The break in the script between the "e" and the "i" is the "tell."

May be the dial is refreshed, I dont know jet, but I can ask a dial-restaurator, he lifes not far from me and is authorisated from Breitling and Rolex. But even when it is so, therefore you cannot say, the watch is a complete fake. Why Omega21 found exact the same watch in the same case, with the same movement with dial "Sprint" Nobody in Argentina knows the meanig of "Sprint" and the seller didnt offer it as Breitling. Why, if he want sell fakes ? Special this findig is the proof that the watch is genuine and I was right with my opinion from the begin.

Also the break between e and i , its usual for Breitling watches from the early 1930th. I have a lot of watches with this dial, if I can send photos, I will show you. Its absolut correct for the early one pushers chrongraph.

You cannot compare it with the later 1940th chronographs. But you say, its fake, only because you never saw it.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:31 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Quote:
The break in the script between the "e" and the "i" is the "tell."

For the 1930th it was normal, even in the official 1946 Breitling Catalogue you will find some courious "Breitling".

Look very good all the photos on page 115 on the official catalogue, you (conservativ) will never say one of these watches is genuine, but its in the official catalogue.

And look the old pocket watches, you will wondering.

In this time the qualitty of printing was not the same as later.

special this small mistakes are the proof of the absolut genuiness of this watches. If its without small mistakes its 100% refreshed. You cannot be so naiv to believe, that, if someone want sell you a fake, he cannot refresh the dial again without the mistakes.

May be, it is arrogant, but you all have to learn much about Breitling.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:53 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 1 post
We all know that Breitling didn't start putting "Breitling" on the dial until the very late 1930s, and never on a watch with flexible lugs. And, surely, you would not think that watches coming from the factory signed "Montbrillant" on the case would have "Breitling" on the bridge and dial. That's just a funny joke. You only have yourself to blame if you fell for it.

You are the last person from whom we should learn about Breitling. You try to sell so many fake ones and make up so much bogus information.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:57 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Quote:
You are the last person from whom we should learn about Breitling. You try to sell so many fake ones and make up so much bogus information.

Hello Bill,

take a look in the old catalogues and begin to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:14 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

You think you can bully people into thinking you are correct. I have seen many more real examples, advertising copy, and catalogs than you and you still think you can just bully people into believing you.

Anyone who has the new Breitling: The Book has enough of both advertising and catalog copy to see that you are clearly wrong. Same is true for Richter, but his catalog dates are sometimes wrong (and now nicely corrected by the new Breitling book).

I would say that you are an emperor without clothes, but you're really just a petty hustler trying to make a hoard off unsuspecting collectors.

I invite anyone to undertake the experiment. Use your copy of Breitling: The Book and compare the catalog and advertisements to Norbert/Michael/Watchmuseum/Powersells/Aixsellant's offerings and see how many are truly consistent with authentic watches.

You showed up five years ago with a load of money that you immediately plowed into buying up anything that had "Breitling" written on and began trying to off-load them on eBay. You had no knowledge then and don't seem to have learned much. In the past I've sent you notes and you then twist and contort the information in your postings.

You can't bully me, I know better and shame on you.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:21 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Again:

Hello Bill,

take a look in the old catalogues and begin to learn.

In the new book of Breitling is nothing news, only copy´s of all well known things and a lot of copy´s of my websitesand my informations, which I had send to Breitling in the last years.

Look only the "Breitling-Laederich" story on page 14. Its a copy of my informations to Breitling.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:38 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Quote:
We all know that Breitling didn't start putting "Breitling" on the dial until the very late 1930s,

Bill, you are not right, Breitling was starting this exactly in 1928

The reason was, because Leon Breitling had some quarrels with him father or grandfather. The brand name Breitling was occupated since 1845 from the first Breitling manufactury called "Breitling-Laederich".

(compare with page 14 in the new Breitling book, there are some informations about it, but not all)

I have an original signbord from 1840, it says "fabrique de horlogerie BREITLING-LAEDERICH CHAUDEFONDS Suisse" and I have a lot of pocket watches from 1845 till 1871 peride, signed with "Breitling-Laederich"

Breitling was brandet arrount 1845, every other information in internet and books all around the world are only legends.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:48 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Yes. Breitling-Laederich was a different company than the one founded by Leon Breitling in 1884. Leon Breitling had no difficulty using his name in his own advertising and on the patents he registered. Two companies. Congratulations on your signboard.

You will have to produce some evidence of the appearance of "Breitling" on a dial before the late 1930s. I would not be too surprised if it were true, but I have not seen it and I have seen you make up so much incorrect information that I have to insist that you produce some evidence.

Frankly, I'm surprised that you have Richter, the 1946 catalog, Breitling: The Book, and still trot out all of the fake Breitlings you've bought and mis-information to go with it. If you have all these books, are you able to read them and compare to your watches? Are you really just a hustler? After five years, you really haven't learned very much.

Last edited by Bill in Sacramento on Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:44 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Quote:
Yes. Breitling-Laederich was a different company that the one founded by Leon Breitling in 1884. Leon Breitling

Yes it was a different company, but the same brand name and the same family.

Also
G.Leon Breitling foundet in St. irmier (1884)

Leon G. Breitling S.A. Montbrillant Watch Manufactory in La Chaux de Fonds (1892)

G.Leon Breitling S.A. Compagnie des Montres in Geneve (1952)

and Breitling Montres S.A. in Grenchen (1982)

where all different companies, special the last one has nothing to do with Breitling, not the same company, even not the familiy of Breitling, no community with Breitling.

Why you dont tell this to the Breitling collectors , I think you are the Hustler here.

They all have only one community, same as Breitling-Laederich the grandfather of Leon Breitling, they used the brand name Breitling.

Breitling 1884 is only a markeing joke from Ernest Schneider, because he needed a 100-year anniversary in 1984, when he introduced the new Chronomat that has nothing to do with a right Chronomat.

Same as the 1882 remakes of Schneider in an other thread, all the modern Breitlings called Superocean Heritage, Chrono-Matic heritage end so on are only cheap remakes of real Breitlings. Even the modern Navitimer is only a replica of the real Navitimer with a cheap swatch movement.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:54 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

breitlingmuseum wrote:
all the modern Breitlings called Superocean Heritage, Chrono-Matic heritage end so on are only cheap remakes of real Breitlings. Even the modern Navitimer is only a replica of the real Navitimer with a cheap swatch movement.

You're entitled to that opinion, but you realize that most people around here (me included) actually like those models, don't you? What's the point of trashing them, when clearly you're not even interested in them at all? I'll never understand this behavior on forums, but I think it's very sad. :poke:

EDIT:
Quote:
Breitling 1884 is only a markeing joke from Ernest Schneider, because he needed a 100-year anniversary in 1984, when he introduced the new Chronomat that has nothing to do with a right Chronomat.

Funny you should mention "marketing jokes". I think many of your comments could be termed as such, aggressively promoting vintage stuff (that you "accidentally" sell on your site), while badmouthing recent models. I hope you realize that?

Breitling Colt Quartz (Sold)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:28 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
"Cheap Swatch movement"

Oh dear!

Maybe a little more to learn. May be worth researching Ebauches SA and see what you might learn.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:46 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Quote:
Oh dear!

Maybe a little more to learn. May be worth researching Ebauches SA and see what you might learn.

What is to learn here ? Ebauches SA is swatch group - what is the difference ?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:32 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Maybe that is fun for you, but the dis-information is irritating.

If the two of us are compared, I think the casual observer would quickly conclude that I collect vintage Breitlings and that you buy watches and try to sell them as quickly as possible at an inflated price. Others do that, but you make up stuff and sell fakes. How can someone trying to sell that "Cuadrigraf" (or whatever that square abomination is called) have any pretense of self-respect. You do have many correct pieces, but the large number of patently false pieces makes it impossible to take you seriously.

Your motivations are quite transparent and I think this forum's hosts have been very tolerant of you trying to use this outlet to promote your sales. I'm guessing that you must already be banned from many other fora.

As to page 14 of Breitling: The Book, maybe I should type out that paragraph to show others who don't have a copy:

"The Breitling name was not a complete stranger to watchmaking either. Around 1845-1855, pocket watches signed "Breitling-Laederich" appeared. These were precious watches in gold with enameled dials and engraved cases, products of Le Locle or La Chaud de Fonds - from which they were still being exported at the turn of the century, especially to America. Now Leon Breitling's grandfather and one of his uncles (Charles-August, a "watch merchant" by trade) had both married Misses Laederich. Perhaps it was in the family workshop that young Leon was first initiated into the workings of fine mechanics."

Mr. Genoud has done well to check family data for his book, but he is only speculating here about a family connection. It is wrong to flatly state the existence of a family connection. The Jura was already a seat of watchmaking and Breitling is a reasonably common Swiss name. [As a side note, Genuod's paragraph seems largely derived from Pritchard's very short entry for Breitling-Laederich, page B-224.]

And I think I must study the corporate histories more closely than you. You must have missed my posting at another forum of the 70th Anniversary of the current Breitling company. I do object, but find it predictable, that the current company has tried to adopt the history of the original company as its own. So we are talking about three separate companies: Breitling-Laederich, Breitling, and Gobber/Sicura/Breitling.

I'll let others defend the quality of the modern Breitling watches. You don't seem to have a problem trying to sell them, especially the ones with ESA movements.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:13 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
breitlingmuseum wrote:
Quote:
Oh dear!

What is to learn here ? Ebauches SA is swatch group - what is the difference ?

By the end of World War II virtually all Breitling movements were produced by companies under he Ebauches SA umbrella!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:13 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Bill in Sacramento wrote:
How can someone trying to sell that "Cuadrigraf" (or whatever that square abomination is called) have any pretense of self-respect.

Case in point.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=10082

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next