Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 11:08 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Your Perfect Watche(s)
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:37 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 71 posts
Its too bad you cant custom design a watch to your exact specifications, there are some really nice watches out there but i always seem to have at least one or two quibbles with them.

I love my Rolex GMT II, but whish it had better water resistance, a larger GMT Submariner would be an excellent vacation watch!!! But if I could custom design any watch I would take the Breitling Navi World, shrink it to 44MM diameter 14MM thickness, add Steelfish Water resistance and bingo, the PERFECT all around watch!! I would pay 6-8 thou USD without blinking on a watch like that. With the convergince bezel, GMT and Scuba friendliness and all that classy apeal without being TOO big, yeah that would rock!

What would you guys change in a given watch?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:03 am 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 2 posts
The Rolex GMT II is resistant to 330 feet? That's not deep enough for you? :lol:

I rarely go below 100 feet!

I'm pleased with my Rolex Submariner datejust, but I wish it was a little bigger (The new Rolex Yachtmaster is OVER 40mm!). My Fortis Flieger is very luminous at night, which I really like. The case is 15mm thick, and it's a heavy watch. You can hear the winder and feel it vibrating after moving your arm or after you stop walking. The new B-Ling (BLING) that arrives Monday I think is the best of both worlds, but it is not as water resistant from what I've read.

As far as the perfect watch, I don't think I would ever find it. I like the classic lines of Breitling's Navitimer series and Rolex's Submariner. If I could combine some features of other watches like gas charged to increase the brightness at night, built in altimeter, and make it at minimum of 44 mm across, that would be great!

~Brian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:09 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Liked in: 18 posts
The perfect watch always changes.. I collect custom knives, and I have had many many designed specifically for me, but variety is the spice of life.. every one that i had designed was perfect at the time but the thirst for more comes.

On a side note: I just dropped $1000 on a production (read CHEAP) Japanese Katana. Retail on this thing is around $1800, and I got a sweet deal on it. Most collectors scoffed at me buying it because It wasn't a $3000+ Custom.... I don't care, im stoked!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:14 am 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 2 posts
breitlingsource wrote:
The perfect watch always changes.. I collect custom knives, and I have had many many designed specifically for me, but variety is the spice of life.. every one that i had designed was perfect at the time but the thirst for more comes.

On a side note: I just dropped $1000 on a production (read CHEAP) Japanese Katana. Retail on this thing is around $1800, and I got a sweet deal on it. Most collectors scoffed at me buying it because It wasn't a $3000+ Custom.... I don't care, im stoked!

Very cool!

Knife/sword making is a fine art! Amazing how elaborate you can get with something you put on display (unless you're brave enough to shave with them)!

:lol:

~Brian