The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:09 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:57 am 
Contributing Connoisseur
Contributing Connoisseur

Liked in: 105 posts
This a so called "professional" pilots rumour network forum.

http://www.pprune.org/rumours-news/5355 ... -lost.html

No doubt the MH370 incident is a very sad story BUT 45 pages of gibberish and growing by the minute!!!
I seriously hope that most of the comments do not come from "professional" airline pilots else a bus, train or even ferry will be my preferred mode of transport over air anytime from now on :-(

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:08 am 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 28 posts
Its all very speculative after 2 days searching, but one fears for all the lost souls on board that flight. Until they find some form of wreckage or conclusive signs, which hopefully wont be too long coming, they can't really peace together what might have happened.

The Boeing 777 is a highly reliable aircraft and they don't usually just disappear without warning. Even with on board error there should have been enough time to get off a mayday. Sadly, in this case there seems to be nothing, which is fuelling the speculation even more. Its a real mystery.

ABC news is reporting that the RAAF have sent 2 Lockheed P-3 Orions. They have a great record in search and rescue over long distances, so hopefully we will hear more soon.

Don't let the scuttlebutt deter you from flying. Its still safer than most other forms of transport.

"You have Control".

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:51 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 4 posts
Cheers for the link! I only skimmed though until nearing the end 68 pages! Seems to be a mix of actual pilots, wannabes and conspiracy theorists. Interesting/alarming read.

Does make you wonder whats happened. What an awful tragedy. I am interested in these mysterious phone call connections that hung up.. Really think the Malaysian/Chinese know more than they are saying. The Uighur Jihadists are really scary.

Best factual report in the open press I've read was-

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/debris-may-be-from-mssing-malaysia-airlines-flight/2014/03/10/2669f16a-a822-11e3-b61e-8051b8b52d06_story.html?hpid=z1

Just pleased I am grounded in Taipei for a while although I've just approved HKG trip in April.. Cathay will be fine.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:24 am 
Contributing Connoisseur
Contributing Connoisseur

Liked in: 105 posts
I have absolutely no doubt that air travel is and will continue to be the safest mode of transport.
Furthermore, I have full confidence that no relevant authorities will rest until the truth is found and needed corrective measures implemented to prevent similar incidents in the future.
I am just gob smacked by all the speculative crap on that allegedly professional pilots forum.
Obvious to me that majority of the posters that contributed to the 70+ pages of gibberish are NOT professional pilots and if some happen to be pilots they are simply lacking - professionalism.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:18 pm 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 28 posts
Not sure if they are pilots or not, or well connected to this situation. I think the problem here is a 21 century phenomena, in that social media has an ability to make us sound less than thoughtful at times, and where we are not careful with what we share and how we compose a response. As fantastic and wondrous as the WWW is, its all too easy to post what appears to be an ill considered comment, or be taken out of context when responding to a situation. We think we are having a 1 on 1 conversation, but we are really exposing our thoughts to the entire connected world.

Instant messaging services are more like a instant 'thinking out loud' services. Emails, posts, tweets are all capable of being the fermentation pot of a persons thoughts and some out there comment on that basis. Instead, we tend to take it that each comment posted as a 'letter' of timely and considered commentary.

I read a great disclaimer just recently. It made me laugh, and should appear on all of my text messages in the future.

Sent from my phone, please excuse any brevity. :wink:

"You have Control".

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:17 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 0 post
Just find it more unearthing that so many broadcasters jumped on the bandwagon so soon, to make documentaries and "What happened to flight..." type shows, without ANY real facts.
Would they have been able to do this so soon with 9/11.. would they have dared?