Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:46 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Dress shoes
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:14 pm 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 3 posts

Ok, if any of these hold for the period i hope to keep them for... My issue should be solved...

Fred

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:24 pm 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
Well it's a start, but there are still plenty of others that I would add :brewing: :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:08 pm 
All Roads lead to Breitling

Liked in: 33 posts
Brown or cordovan or oxblood with blue, maybe gray, but not lighter than anthracite. This makes my head hurt. :whiner: David Boise, the dyslexic lawyer who ate up Bill Gates for a week in deposition in the MS anti-trust lawsuit - without notes (!!!) (and rep'd Gore in Bush v. Gore) has something like 20 identical dark navy suits, 30 identical white dress shirts, 20 identical ties and several identical pairs of black shoes. He believes he wastes mental energy deciding what to wear. Ok, that's certainly an extreme.

Me? I wear black shoes with blue, gray (even "anthracite!"), black suits and brown with the rest.

I was a confirmed JM guy until my last order resulted in sending consecutive pairs of captoes back with one tongue 1/4" too long. Their shoes are now made in Malaysia or something. Quite disappointing. Still, I'm a sucker for a simple penney loafer for dress slacks and occasionally with a suit (I believe it makes me look "humble" in front of a jury 1 day out of 3. :lol: ). For that I go with JM's classic Ski-moc Penney in cordovan and black -

I get them resoled at 1 year and get a new set at 2 years.

For dress shoes, I'm stuck with AE now that JM has tanked. These simple cap toes -

And I know that those are 3 different colors of the identical shoe, but then again I'm the guy who had all 3 dial colors of the CSO and the SF at the same time. :oops:

But in the end, my favorite shoe is still the original boat shoe from Sperry - $85! I wear them enough to get a new pair every year (come on, $85!!).

Chances are that's what I'll be wearing come November 8 when we have dinner in Scottsdale, Roff - jeans and a pair 'o topsiders. If you are ok with that. I'm very unspectacular. :poke:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:21 pm 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
sharkman wrote:
Chances are that's what I'll be wearing come November 8 when we have dinner in Scottsdale, Roff - jeans and a pair 'o topsiders. If you are ok with that. I'm very unspectacular. :poke:

That will work for me - I'll have been in a suit for two days so will welcome the break. Logistics of air travel will limit my options for shoes so will likely be in my AE travel loafers - the most security friendly pair I own. Of course all of this is assuming that US Customs and Border Patrol decide to let me through the border for that trip (unlike the last one), but that's a different story............

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:25 pm 

Liked in: 33 posts
Roffensian wrote:
sharkman wrote:

That will work for me - I'll have been in a suit for two days so will welcome the break. Logistics of air travel will limit my options for shoes so will likely be in my AE travel loafers - the most security friendly pair I own. Of course all of this is assuming that US Customs and Border Patrol decide to let me through the border for that trip (unlike the last one), but that's a different story............

Ha!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:14 pm 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 62 posts
You can wear just about anything just about anywhere in Scottsdale.

Oh, and yes, Allen Edmonds. Almost have to with an A/B width. Most of my pairs are over ten years old. Just give the leather a day to air out after wearing and they last a long time.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

AP Royal Oak 15400, silver
Zenith Chronomaster El Primero Classic Cars
Vintage gold Corum
Rolex DJ 36 TT, oyster dial, oyster/smooth
Baume & Mercier Riviera 200m, silver dial/aquamarine bezel
Breitling Superocean 57, rose/stainless

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:26 pm 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 3 posts
sharkman wrote:
David Boise, the dyslexic lawyer who ate up Bill Gates for a week in deposition in the MS anti-trust lawsuit - without notes (!!!) (and rep'd Gore in Bush v. Gore) has something like 20 identical dark navy suits, 30 identical white dress shirts, 20 identical ties and several identical pairs of black shoes. He believes he wastes mental energy deciding what to wear. Ok, that's certainly an extreme.

That's great thinking... A bit Steve Jobs in a way. But i'd find it boring at some point to walk into my Taylor's and just say "the usual".

sharkman wrote:
Their shoes are now made in Malaysia or something. Quite disappointing.

At least they're not made by the French there ;) Mine all say made in France though, whatever that means.

Fred