The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 10:09 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:19 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
Well Orange have messed up for me. They initially told me I could get one for £39 and keep my old plan (unlimited internet :thumbsup: ), but it now turns out it'd actually cost me £219 and I'd have to change my plan to one that has a 1Gb limit. Hmmmmm, yeah thanks for that Orange. And their response? "Oh sorry sir, the website is playing up and has been emailing incorrect information to some of our users". Great. :roll:

£219.... for a phone..... on a 24 month contract.....? I like the iPhone as much as the next guy, but this feels like a total fleece to me.

Site Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:32 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 1 post
I got it, in white, 16GB, had it since Friday and i love it. I had a iphone 4 since the day it came out, skipped on the 4S but my contract was up and i am very happy i got the upgrade. Now i am waiting on Otterbox to send me my case before i drop it and flip my lid!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:39 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 12 posts
Driver8 wrote:
Well Orange have messed up for me. They initially told me I could get one for £39 and keep my old plan (unlimited internet :thumbsup: ), but it now turns out it'd actually cost me £219 and I'd have to change my plan to one that has a 1Gb limit. Hmmmmm, yeah thanks for that Orange. And their response? "Oh sorry sir, the website is playing up and has been emailing incorrect information to some of our users". Great. :roll:

£219.... for a phone..... on a 24 month contract.....? I like the iPhone as much as the next guy, but this feels like a total fleece to me.

Time to move to another provider?

If they sent an email with a deal they should bloody well honour it!

Stef

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:38 pm 
Wild Ling, You Make my Heart Sing!

Liked in: 0 post
No dead pixels on mine. The screen is freakishly clear. Im sure the apple store will take care of you since theyre pretty good with that, and apple fans are usually pretty OCD.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:54 pm 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 11 posts
RJRJRJ wrote:
No dead pixels on mine. The screen is freakishly clear. Im sure the apple store will take care of you since theyre pretty good with that, and apple fans are usually pretty OCD.

Yeah, you'd think right?? Well, they didn't have any more Black Att 64 gb.... so what do they do? Offer me a white 32gb.. :roll:

Then the "genius" tells me that apple won't cover this under their warranty and I need to return and exchange within the 14 day period if I want a new one. So, I said OK, since you don't have the correct model in stock, can you call me when you get the correct model in? "No, that's against store policy."

My option was to receive a "new" phone (without the retail box etc) I did not want this option as they will note on my account that I have swapped out the phone and if I have issues in the future I want a "clean slate record"

All I want is a true replacement in a sealed box and I really don't want to wait around and have the 14 days pass without getting this resolved. The phone wasn't cheap and it should be better than how I received it. Bottom line, I got the manager, I will be notified... oh, and "don't tell anyone..." Nice to see Apple will do something that any other retailer on the planet will do for a customer, call when something comes in :shock:

Omega Aqua Terra 8500
Rolex Submariner Date Ceramic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:32 pm 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 11 posts
Just a quick follow up... after going through 4 "refurb" units at apple all with different scuffs and dead pixels / dust under the screen, I was given a brand new sealed in the box unit that is perfect... a happy ending indeed

Omega Aqua Terra 8500
Rolex Submariner Date Ceramic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:15 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

sco wrote:
Just a quick follow up... after going through 4 "refurb" units at apple all with different scuffs and dead pixels / dust under the screen, I was given a brand new sealed in the box unit that is perfect... a happy ending indeed

Yay! Finally.

Let's hope you get to enjoy it.

Stef

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:19 am 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 49 posts
no new iphone for me. im ok with the 4s for now. to be honest i really want that samsung s3

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:16 am 
King of Ling
King of Ling

I checked out a demo 5 at Radio Shack a few days ago Adrian. I have a 4s too but to me it was nice but not worth the upgrade right now.

Let's just wait for the 6. :lol: 8)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:39 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 1727 posts
made the jump from the 4, nice.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:22 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 3 posts
All I can say is this: I really don't like my iPhone 4S anymore... Why? Nothing to do with the 5 or any replacement... Just saying, steel iPhone vs. titanium Panerai lug = ugly ding in Ti Pam lug... Sh*t!

Sorry, had to get the anger out...

Fred

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:58 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Nav01L wrote:
All I can say is this: I really don't like my iPhone 4S anymore... Why? Nothing to do with the 5 or any replacement... Just saying, steel iPhone vs. titanium Panerai lug = ugly ding in Ti Pam lug... Sh*t!

Sorry, had to get the anger out...

Ouch!

A work colleague of mine was talking to another colleague out in the car park and she noticed his new iPhone 5, asked to have a look and dropped it.........................

Not a happy work colleague!

Stef

P.S I finally got to grips with iTunes on my PC last night and have successfully managed to get 20Gb's worth of albums and artwork on the new phone!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:09 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

I've been tring to get one for the past couple of weeks with no joy. No where in the south, UK has them in stock. The odd white 64GB but that's too much for me. Meh.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:05 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
I've decided against it for the time-being. I've had a play around with one now, and while I would've still got one had Orange honoured their original "£39 for the handset" claim, but over £200 for a handset on a 24 month contract? Errr, no thanks.

I honestly just don't think it's worth it, considering my trusty old 3GS does everything I personally need. I'll keep my eye on it, and will reconsider when the price comes down a bit.

Site Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:31 pm 

I dont know if anybody here has been looking to buy a USB to lightning plug (the one that comes with the phone), but I was and the apple site said that theres a backorder of a few weeks. So I checked ebay and they are going for $30+ instead of the $19.99 at the apple store.

Did the local store pickup option on apple.com checkout, and it turns out a bunch of apple stores have them in stock locally. So, there you go lol. Hope that helps somebody.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next