Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:54 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:13 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 0 post
Gone are the good ol' days when the 'dentist' would put his knee on your chest, thrust a pair of pliers in yer gob and give the tooth one quick sharp pull. You'd consider it a success if he got it in one go. :shock:

Good luck chance97. Just close your eyes and think of Breitling!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:03 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

withnail, your right.....short and to the point...brings me back to my braces days when those back teeth popped out so easily.
When it was the turn of the wisdom tooth, i rolled up my sleeve and kept my eyes fixed on my SA...was over in no time...what followed is the problem!
But back to good health now i hope, until its time for the next wisdom tooth. :cry:

Current: Yellow Emergency.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:05 am 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 2 posts
This brings back memories of my experience February 2, 2006.

I had two impacted, two exposed.

I chipped one on vacation in St. Lucia, and my dentist recommended that I have them removed all at once. Due to my age (34), I had dry socket set in in my lower jaw. It was very painful. I had to go to the oral surgeon every two- three days for two weeks to get my sockets treated. My sockets are just now starting to completely close.

Get it done while you're young is the best advice I can give you. When I was 17, I was told I had plenty of spacing, and not to worry about it. My new dentist recommends having them removed for everyone.

~Brian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:14 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Brian, i really feel for you.....I had only one removed and it is so sore....its been over a week that i got my tooth out and i'm hoping that the dry socket is clearing up now....
Mine are all impacted and all have to come out....luckily im only 20 so hopefully the gums will heal quickly!

what hurt even more was when i was paying the £130 for the one tooth to be extracted, a girl came down and paid £40 for both.....that is good money that could have gone towards a new breitling :lol:

one more thing brian, Did your gum heal ver completely? it seems like i have a great big hole at the back of my mouth :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:17 am 
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Liked in: 343 posts
I ended up with 2 dry sockets because I was unable to keep any food in my system and threw up whatever blood was beginning to clot there. I was at the oral surgeon once a week for 3 straight weeks to have them filled with this awful tasting gauze, it sort of tasted like big red chewing gum. The wrost part about it was having to carry around this huge syringe thing that I had to fill with water so I could wash them out after every meal.

The funniest thing about it is I remember waking up in the chair after the surgery and the first thing I did was ask to see my teeth. I don't know why I did that, but then as I was laying down in a recovery room next door, the assistant gave my wife an envelope and told her that I wanted to bring them home. I'll never forget the look on her face when she was handed the envelope, it was priceless.

Justin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:04 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

that was what upset me the most, they didn't give me back the pieces of my tooth.... :lol:

they put what looked like tobacco into the socket....tasted horrible but really worked...sadly i came out today and i am just hoping that i'm over the worst!

Post subject: Wisdom teeth
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:43 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

I saw this and just had to comment. First i am still puzzled why they are called wisdom teeth when they seem to need to get pulled my some many, have we now lost our wisdom. Guess that is why the spending spree. I just had mine plus two molars pulled last week. they knocked me out (IV) as the wisdom teeth had curled roots. Also had to have a bone graft and a partial breaking of one side of the jaw, all no fun. So what do I do on Saturday, go out and get a gold Carl Bucherer dress watch, something i don't need but had been eyeing this one for months. Of course it helped i was on pain meds. Oh well, gueess my wisdom is gone. SO go for and and i hope you feel better.
Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:32 pm 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 2 posts
paddymac wrote:
Brian, i really feel for you.....I had only one removed and it is so sore....its been over a week that i got my tooth out and i'm hoping that the dry socket is clearing up now....
Mine are all impacted and all have to come out....luckily im only 20 so hopefully the gums will heal quickly!

what hurt even more was when i was paying the £130 for the one tooth to be extracted, a girl came down and paid £40 for both.....that is good money that could have gone towards a new breitling :lol:

one more thing brian, Did your gum heal ver completely? it seems like i have a great big hole at the back of my mouth :o

The socket takes time to close. Mine are 98% closed after a year and ten months after the proceedure.

The cost of my proceedure was $1500 USD. Thank God I had dental insurance. It covered half the cost.

Take care of that socket. A gentle rinse with warm salt water after eating will help. I had to visit my oral surgeon for two weeks after the surgery so he could pack a medicated strip into my socket. Painful, but instant relief.

~Brian