The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:04 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:15 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
Hey guys my friend has this 2004 rose gold montbrilliant with breitling rose gold band. He wants $8,000. Is this a deal I would be stupid to pass on? He just had a $1500 service done its flawless w papers.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:35 pm 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 159 posts
Moesizzle wrote:
Hey guys my friend has this 2004 rose gold montbrilliant with breitling rose gold band. He wants $8,000. Is this a deal I would be stupid to pass on? He just had a $1500 service done its flawless w papers.

My initial reaction was this was a good price, especially with the gold bracelet, (box? &) papers and a recent service; however, a quick check of eBay completed items shows that despite a number of gold Montbrillants being available, few have sold at that price - or at all. Of course, this is a flawed sales database because many transactions occur off eBay, so we will never know the actual prices in the marketplace.

The above said, if you like the piece and are comfortable with the conditions of the transaction, then go for it. If you are wanting to buy it for a quick flip for a profit, I suggest you do your own deeper research. Certainly there are quite a few gold Montbrillants listed on eBay and Chrono24 for way more money, but they seem to sit around for a long time waiting for the very occasional buyer.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:13 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

It's a rare watch in rose gold. You dont see any sold or for sale on Ebay because it is rare. It's a shame I didnt get some more replies from people who really know their breitlings.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:06 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Moesizzle wrote:
It's a rare watch in rose gold. You dont see any sold or for sale on Ebay because it is rare. It's a shame I didnt get some more replies from people who really know their breitlings.

Mate, since you know your Breitling’s so well, what are you doing here asking questions?

Be grateful that anyone responded. You come here with one slightly out of focus picture, provide no reference number, claim the watch had a recent service, but it still has scratches all over the crystal, and now you have attitude. Take a hike buddy and try somewhere else.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:47 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 16 posts
It is a nice watch but nobody is wearing gold anymore. That is why it is so rare. they are expensive to make and have a very small market. It is worth whatever someone will pay for it.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:03 am 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 408 posts
Relatively unpopular and low production watches are very very difficult to price on the used Market. They are not in high demand so you won't see a lot of comprable sales to look at. This is just going to be one of those cases where you have to determine if it's asking price is worth it to you.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:46 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

I am grateful to get such a nice response from a kind noodletaster watch forum ponce who wants to mate with me :)
arcadelt wrote:
Moesizzle wrote:

Mate, since you know your Breitling’s so well, what are you doing here asking questions?

Be grateful that anyone responded. You come here with one slightly out of focus picture, provide no reference number, claim the watch had a recent service, but it still has scratches all over the crystal, and now you have attitude. Take a hike buddy and try somewhere else.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:26 pm 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Moesizzle wrote:
I am grateful to get such a nice response from a kind noodletaster watch forum ponce who wants to mate with me :)

Talk about a slow delivery - took you three and a half months to come up with that response. Was hardly worth the wait. Anyway, how'd the watch purchase go by the way - we have all been waiting with bated breath to hear back from you? :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:01 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 37 posts
Quote:
Anyway, how'd the watch purchase go by the way - we have all been waiting with bated breath to hear back from you? :lol:

:yeahthat
i want to buy a couple for second-hand car salesmen i know... :lol:

Mark Twain

- -- - -- -

Navitimer World
Avenger Seawolf
SuperOcean
Crosswind Special
Headwind
Montbrillant Datora
SuperOcean Heritage 46