It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:06 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Is this a good deal?
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 7:30 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
http://www.breitlingsource.com/watch_de ... n_241.html

I have the potential to get this watch on leather for $1900, without the OEM leather strap, but comes with 3 other straps, box/papers included. The reason I'm un easy about the deal is because I've noticed a trend that breitling is quite soft at the moment. So I figured I'd ask some veterans on here about breitling as this would be my first buy from this company. The best deal i've seen for this watch is $2600 on mesh, no box/papers but it's from Japan. I just don't want to get burned on breitling. I guess nobody knows what the future holds for their brand, but I would love some opinions from people. thank you. :lingsrock:

Post subject: Re: Is this a good deal?
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 7:32 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Numerous watches of breitling are soft, is this a good time to get in, or should I wait for the storm to pass before going in.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 4:15 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 370 posts
Quote:
I've noticed a trend that breitling is quite soft at the moment.

That indeed may be true but you have to consider the price at which any watch is purchased. If you use MSRP, then yes, the secondary market for Breitling is quite soft at the moment. However, the majority of Breitling watches are purchased at a discount, a very steep discount in some cases, and as a result, when reselling the financial hit may not be as bad as Breitling haters would like you to believe!

You have done your research, the watch that you are interested in was only produced for a short time and as a result there are not that many of them around. I happen to have the same model and absolutely love it. At $1900 I do not see much downside, make sure of the condition and make sure all of the boxes and papers belong to the watch. If none of the straps are Breitling straps that may be an opportunity to do some further negotiating. Good Luck

alexjack92 likes this post.
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 7:52 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

56scooter wrote:
Quote:
I've noticed a trend that breitling is quite soft at the moment.

That indeed may be true but you have to consider the price at which any watch is purchased. If you use MSRP, then yes, the secondary market for Breitling is quite soft at the moment. However, the majority of Breitling watches are purchased at a discount, a very steep discount in some cases, and as a result, when reselling the financial hit may not be as bad as Breitling haters would like you to believe!

You have done your research, the watch that you are interested in was only produced for a short time and as a result there are not that many of them around. I happen to have the same model and absolutely love it. At $1900 I do not see much downside, make sure of the condition and make sure all of the boxes and papers belong to the watch. If none of the straps are Breitling straps that may be an opportunity to do some further negotiating. Good Luck

Hey! thank you for the response, I don't think I have much room left as he told me an AD offered him $1750, but i'll try to squeeze a little more out haha. I really believe the transocean just date looks fabulous, it's very versatile, do you have it on mesh or leather? He has box/papers/ and a service history from breiling, just no oem straps. I've just noticed a lot of hate on breitling lately, but I really love the design/aesthetics of their various watches, specifically the superocean heritage, and transocean series. I think i'm too worried about resale, and really just need to buy what I enjoy, and i'll know i'll enjoy this timepiece.