Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:05 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:19 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 0 post
Hi Breitling folks,

Based upon the lovely help I received on this forum a few years back, I purchased a lovely Windrider Starliner Diamante (Diamond dial and bezel) and picked up a replacement (Cockpit Lady with diamond dial) to wear while my Windrider is at BUSA for its 3 year service.

Both watches (well, the rider tabs) are literally eating my couch. The tabs get caught on a thread and get slightly bent. Then it's a downward spiral...I seem to catch a thread nightly on the couch. The screws are tight. I actually bought locktight to reseal the screws, but they are on so tight, I can't even get the screws off to locktight them back on (maybe I'm not pushing hard enough? I am a strong person but I am fearful of scratching the case).

What's a gal to do? I thought I ran across a forum post somewhere about someone successfully 'pushing' the tab back down to it's normal shape, flat against the glass. But I cannot find that now. I would rather have a immovable crown than have bent rider tabs that destroy my home. I know it's a risk with these older models, but it's dang annoying. I wonder if a metalsmith could rework the tabs to make them fit flush...I doubt it, just wishful thinking on my part. I know I could just get a newer one with the revised bezels, but I just love the dials on these older Lady Breitlings.

Thanks

Techie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:59 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 2 posts
Hopefully you used blue Locktite (for screws/bolts that may be removed) rather than the red which is "permanent". You probably won't be able to accomplish a scratch-free removal if you used the red Loctite, and a pro may not be able to do it either.

Good luck.

Desert Hiker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:53 am 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 844 posts
Here’s a simple solution, take the watch off when you get home. LOL

1 Super avenger night mission
1 Limited edition chronomat Boston Celtics
Navitimer GMT
Transocean Chronograph Unitime
2 Omega planet ocean chronographs
1 Tag heuer Monaco

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:56 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 86 posts
I have removed my bezels on all of my Breitlings but you need to have the correct quality screwdriver. Once you can move the screws you do not have to remove them. Loosen them all then turn and lift the bezel away from the watchcase. If the bezel is loose but does not come off try to loosen the screws a turn more. Once off you can try to push the tab back in place but do not try to do it on the watch. There are far to many ways to turn this from a simple fix to a disaster. Other than this I would highly recommend you take the watch to a knowledgeable watchmaker and let them do it. Also, please do not use Locktite on your watch.
Just my .02, Frank.