It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:11 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Superquartz
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:35 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
Hi guys

I am a kind of wis and own a a13680 (superocean 42mm steelfish numeral dial). I pretty enjoy it and always look to add another breitling to the collection (mostly japanese).

Although i really appreciate the watchmaking skills (I do service myself some of my watches) I consider adding a superquartz to the collection for ease of grab and go and such precise movement is still nice horology.

I am a bit torn in my choices, my budget is not really high. I look at aerospace evo but let one go, the colt 41 a74380 might do it as well (blue on croco not too far from me) or colt 44 but this model might sell too high and seems not so current... colt 41 is pretty similar to my superocean as well.

Well any advice, recommandation?

Envoyé de mon SM-A300F en utilisant Tapatalk

Post subject: Re: Superquartz
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:41 am 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 74 posts
I like the older Colt 41mm SQ models, almost bought a blue dial one a while ago. The accurate quartz is nice to have for the times when you just want to grab and go without worrying about setting the time.

I was hoping they would reintroduce the Colt 41mm in quartz when they came out with the latest 41mm automatic (which is also a nice piece). The 44mm is just a bit big but I like how they put the arabic 6,9,12 on the dial. I have mostly automatic pieces but my quartz watch is the Breitling Chronospace EVO Night Mission which keeps impeccable time (still right on after 7 months, +/- 0 sec).

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:25 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 62 posts
I have the Breitling Colt Chronograph II, with the B73 SuperQuartz movement. I use it in rotation with other watches. When I wear the watch more or less daily, it seems to keep perfect time. When I don't use it, it runs a little slow, my guess equal to about 3 seconds a year.

It is nice to have a SuperQuartz in your collection. And the chronograph is easy to use and read.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:51 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
Current colt 44 does really make it. Now i have to wait for the right deal to pop up (though i would consider an auto or a steelfish 44 if good opprtunity). There is a blue a74380 but on croco, i am typically a bracelet guy and although i have some blue watches, i prefer black for this model. It looks also.preery similar to my a17360 (1st gen)

Envoyé de mon SM-A300F en utilisant Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:51 pm 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 811 posts
I bought Aerospace Avantage by chance. Now its one of my favourite watches.

Love the combination of grey titanium and shiny details - tool and elegant watch at the same time. Titanium is very light and watch has a low profile body (10.4mm).
It's a bit smaller than Evo (43 vs 42 mm) but I see it as advantage as long as my wrist is concerned.

Only drawback is that one crown operation needs some time to get used to.

I recommend it :lingsrock:

4 people like this post.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:11 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 36 posts
I second the 42mm Aerospace recommendation. I have the tuxedo volcano black version with Pro 2 bracelet. Magnificent travel and daily wear watch.

I have owned it for 4 years since new and have not had any issues. With Breitling SuperQuartz stick with older models with ETA derived quartz movements as they are reliable, proven accurate, adjustable and easy to service.

Stay away from their new so called in house quartz movements B50/55/60. Expensive, problematic, poor timekeeping and Breitling refuses to acknowledge or fix their flaws.

I made a huge mistake when I sold a practically new and pristine limited edition Airwolf superquartz on Bracelet for a new Breitling B50 Cockpit Night Mission.

Hunterfate likes this post.